CME buying CBOT for $8 Billion

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by late apex, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Maybe now the ECBOT will act like a real exchange..........a few less outages and retain stops when they should.

#21     Oct 17, 2006
  2. at least it will reduce real time data fees. CBOT was a rip, (well, all futures data fees ar a rip when compared to one dollar equities data).

#22     Oct 17, 2006
  3. From a CME memo to members:

9. Will I have access to CBOT products on CME Globex®?

We expect to move electronically traded products onto CME Globex. We will
    communicate information on timing as soon as it is available.

right above.

8. Where will pit trading take place in the new company?
    We expect that, after the transaction is completed, all CME¡¯s trading pits will be
    relocated to CBOT¡¯s trading floor. We will communicate information on timing of
    that relocation as soon as it is available.

#23     Oct 17, 2006
  4. The CME wisely, has leased it's trading floors since the move to Wacker Drive in '83. It looks like they'll be giving up that space.

Conversely the CBOT has a glut of expensively paid for pits........

#24     Oct 17, 2006
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

#25     Oct 17, 2006
  6. 4xxxx

4xxxx

Wow,

You are such the prognasticator. You are probably the only one in the markets who thought this would ever happen eh? You probably cleaned up as you were surely long both exchanges from their IPO's. haha. Did the fact that the back office operations merged long ago not give you a hint? Anyone with half a brain knew it was inevitable! Like either exchange would let a foreign rival cut into our Chicago foothold.

Not much of a predition on your part in my opinion.

#26     Oct 17, 2006
  7. John47

John47

Globex is done man, only a few more months left, then we have to get a new front end.

#27     Oct 17, 2006
  8. Definitely not the news that I wanted to wake up to. This will mean higher fees and trading costs for sure if this gets approved. Eurex US are you still out there?

#28     Oct 18, 2006
  9. katesdp

katesdp

and Girls.

#29     Oct 18, 2006
  10. TGM

TGM

I hear you and agree. We have heard this stuff talked about for years. But it was always JUST talk. Having traded at both exchanges, they are worlds apart. We will see how BAD this is for commissions. CME is one of the most expensive exchanges on earth. For the retail traders this sucks. Maybe and hopefully I will be wrong.

Interesting to note that the powers that be approved new margin rules for stock trading. Hardly anyone is talking about these new margin rules (they are lowering stock margin and cross asset margining). This is the first time since the great depression that stock margins have been messed with and now this one...the merging of two giants. Coincidence or are the powers that be up to something?

#30     Oct 18, 2006