CME BM&F/Bovespa

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Daal, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Interesting. However, when all is said and done, does Brazil do that in order to keep the business in the hands of natives? If market access were liberalized, would foreign entites quickly displace the locals permanently? :cool:

#11     Oct 29, 2008
  2. Daal

Daal

Its CPF. I have it but I dont like keeping money onshore, you just never know when they will freeze assets and print money to do 'social justice'

#12     Oct 30, 2008
  3. They did it in the early 90s they can do it again!

I have a CPF as well but with globex I don't think you need it. The whole point is to get international investors.
    You still have to fill out the the local paperwork though.

#13     Nov 2, 2008
  4. Daal

Daal

"IB will make that product available to customers, however their no timeline on when that is going to happen. IB will post new products on the web site, under product listings.

Regards,

IB"

#14     Nov 2, 2008
  5. soks86

soks86

The paperwork is definitely planned out and the CME has published multiple documents explaining the process different customers need to take to use BM&F.

There are some added requirements for systems who trade BM&F but it's very minimal changes really.

I don't quite recall why but I do know there were a few issues with the system when it just came out. I bet if you got in contact with the CME Group they would probably tell you who (if anyone) has the capability to trade BM&F contracts through them.

#15     Nov 2, 2008