CME Assessing Additional Fee's for Paper Accounts

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by IAS_LLC, Jun 19, 2020.

1. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

I generally am a fan of the CME, but they are pinching pennies now, and its annoying.... In the last couple of months, they started limiting the number of simultaneous rithmic connections I could have open to two, without incurring additional data fees (when your automated, you want to have geographically dispersed, redundant agents operating. I also like to have my feed-recorder operating on a different machine than my actual execution...I record more symbols than I trade). Now, at the end of the month they are going to start assessing an additional data charge for the use of paper trading real time feeds. Mind you, its not like having multiple data feeds on the same account open is increasing the CMEs bandwidth, as the data goes through rithmic first, and they branch it off to the multiple connections (I presume thats how it works, but am not certain). There is relatively easy work around in Rithmic, use your paper accounts data feed and your live accounts order routing (Rithmic may be the best api of all time)..... but CME should be ashamed of themselves.

The money itself is inconsequential, its the principle of the matter. Whats next, $12000/per month non-display fees?

2. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

Oligopoly at work. Regulators need to side hard against exchanges in data matters.

comagnum and Specterx like this.
  3. They

They

Buy CME shares

murray t turtle, apdxyk and Sekiyo like this.
  4. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

It really doesn't make any sense from a businesses perspective....they'd be better off just doubling the data fee. That atleast would be logical . Limiting simultaneous connections only hurts their most profitable traders, with limited benefit since most of their money has to come from per contract fees, not data?

5. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

I thought they just did double the non pro data fees?

murray t turtle and Overnight like this.
  6. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

I know they went up, but it's still only like $50/month or something.... reasonable, IMHO.

Again, it's not the amount of money. It's the principal...I can't discern a business value for limiting simultaneous connections that don't drive infrastructure costs

7. Big AAPL

Big AAPL

Yea I just went from 15 to 31/MO Not that I really care about the nominal increase...but it seems that they are biting their nose to spite their face

8. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

It was a double for the non-pro "bundle". The extra $1 as far as i understand it, is a newly enacted CQG "admin" fee.
    CQG should be ashamed!! The opening post of this thread talks about the Rithmic feed specifically.

9. heispark

heispark

CME is sooooo greedy.... bad bad!! :vomit:
    That's why monopoly is always BAD..... U.S. government should do something.

10. IAS_LLC

IAS_LLC

I mean, they are still FAR better than the equity exchanges, when it comes to data.

The whole non-display thing...its was like $10k per month or something like that. I'm not sure how IB API users , or polygon, etc get around it?

#10     Jun 19, 2020