CME Announces Latest Expansion of Equity Index Product Line

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by freehouse, May 5, 2005.

1. Chood

Chood

Anyone trading the CME Nikkei 225 futures and, if so, can you comment on relative advantage or disadvantage of trading the yen-denominated contract versus the USD contract? Do you have experience in both? Also, since the two contracts trade when Tokyo and Osaka exchanges are closed, any explanation of the factors that move the price? These are general questions, I know, and any information would be appreciated.

#21     May 17, 2005
  2. how come the CME has not put out a press

release showing the tax benefits of trading

ETF futures as opposed to ETF's ?

( or is there no benefit ) ?

:confused:

#22     Jun 1, 2005
  3. Looks like the margin requirements are 20% of the value of the contract, if I read the CME web site correctly. If that's the case I'm sticking to the minis (ES YM NQ)

#23     Jun 2, 2005
  4. Exch. Fees will start at .35 cents

#24     Jun 3, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

Post the link. This product is going to DOA if margin is that jacked. CME you are stupid ---it should be right with span!

#25     Jun 3, 2005
  6. J-Trade

J-Trade

7. TGM

TGM

Huge difference between the customer rate and the clearing rate. Largest I have seen. The member margin rate looks to be correct the customer is DOUBLE. I have never seen that big of a difference.

#27     Jun 3, 2005
  8. My curosity got the best of me and so I checked their site for some quotes an hour before the close . . . NOTHING. What a worthless dismal launch.

#29     Jun 6, 2005
  9. TGregg

TGregg

For newbies looking to test the waters, it might be nicer.

#30     Jun 6, 2005