CMCT Stock Short - Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by nycraja, Aug 17, 2016.

1. nycraja

nycraja

I was off on Monday and was perusing stuff. I took some notes on some of the stuff I found and I'm not sure if it paints a picture for what's coming or if I'm just nuts. Probably some from column A and some from column B. I hope my notes make sense to you.

2. eganon69

eganon69

So is your question should you short CMCT based on your research? I will ask the same question I asked in another thread. I am trying to be constructive so don't take this the wrong way. Why are you asking random people on a forum whether you should take a trade or not? It's your money. Either it meets your criteria to trade or it does not. I suspect the reason for the question is more one of not knowing what constitutes a good trade. You probably need more experience and studying to answer this question well for you. But based on your title of the thread I assume you want to sell short the stock CMCT. If that is correct then I ask who are you going to sell it to??? Sounds like a simple question but that stock has only about 2100 shares traded PER DAY. Who is going to buy it from you? Stocks that are so thinly traded leave you wide open for massive moves against you and you being the market for the day. You could spend $30,000 and be the entire market for the day. My advice would be don't trade any stock you can not get rid of in 30 sec or less. There are 780 thirty second segments in a trading day between 9:30a and 4pm. If you trade 1000 shares you need a stock that has at least 780,000 shares traded per day minimum as a rough starting point. I suggest bump up to 1,000,000 shares a day. Less than that and pass on the trade. Good luck in your learning and trades.

3. Illiquid stock....8k shares on a daily basis ?
    This is like a pink sheet stock.