CLX7 Topping Out?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Realist, Oct 2, 2007.

1. The Israel Lebanon deal was the peak $78 price in 06. Wonder if history will repeat itself.

There's one big difference w/ respect to market fundamentals this time: notice the backforwarding on the calendar. Last yr, the market was in contango (less bullish).

#51     Oct 16, 2007
  2. It´s very easy to stop OIL from raising. Buy 100.000 NOV call options 87.00 strike... :D :D :D

#52     Oct 17, 2007
  3. ahah... who wants to 'take one for the team?'

:)

#53     Oct 17, 2007
  4. Just call your local oil market maker, tell him you have a GOLDMAN SACHS account, you want to to perform a give-up trade and ask him for a 100.000 lot quote ! You´ll see, he is going to be pretty "nervous"...

#54     Oct 17, 2007
  5. Realist

Realist

Crude runs like these tend to mark tops with a price spike. This is why I am not reentering the short side just quite yet. With CLX trading at 88.60 now, there is a good chance that we will see a very quick move to 90 imo. This time period in energy reminds me of the last top in Crude right near 80 when the media was talking up 100 CL. The ride back down to 50 was spectacular nonetheless...

#55     Oct 17, 2007
  6. Realist

Realist

Trying to sell again right here @ 88.80. Very tight stop just over 89 though.. Upside momentum looks to be waning imo...

#56     Oct 18, 2007
  7. Aaron

Aaron

Good luck with your trade, Realist!

Keep in mind that the roll from Nov to Dec crude is already in progress and the last trading day for Nov is Monday.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#57     Oct 18, 2007
  8. dealer

dealer

Not many things are guaranteed in trading but I think it's a fair bet to say that Nov crude trades above 90.00 overnight and i imagine the most pain would be inflicted if we settled above 90 on Friday rather than below.

Who wants to be short crude over the weekend? If dollar gets trashed on sunday night crude is gonna fly.

edit -Putting my money where my mouth is: Long Dec crude from 88.10.

#58     Oct 18, 2007
  9. Paging Dr. Kevorkian to the crude pit.

Check in with margin call clerk to locate patient.

(Ohh black humor). :D

#59     Oct 18, 2007
  10. PJKIII

PJKIII

Dude, just stop and go away--you got lucky. You are acting exactly like stock_trad3r, and that is no compliment. If you're making money that should be enough satisfaction, the needling and posting nonsense on your own thread that no one else will touch speak volumes about your character.

#60     Oct 18, 2007