Cluster B girls

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChkitOut, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Why do I attract them?

Damn, the last 4 chicks I've been with have had
    some serious issues.

I'm getting really tired of this...

:mad:

2. In the DSM, there are 10 distinct personality disorders (Paranoid, Schizoid, Schizotypal, Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, Narcissistic, Avoidant, Dependent, Obsessive-compulsive) and one catchall category, Personality Disorders NOS (Not Otherwise Specified).

Personality disorders with marked similarities are grouped into clusters.

Cluster A (the Odd or Eccentric Cluster) includes the Paranoid, Schizoid, and Schizotypal Personality Disorders.

Cluster B (the Dramatic, Emotional, or Erratic Cluster) is comprised of the Antisocial, Borderline, Histrionic, and Narcissistic Personality Disorders.

Cluster C (the Anxious or Fearful Cluster) encompasses the Avoidant, Dependent, and Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorders.

The Clusters are not valid theoretical constructs and have never been verified or rigorously tested. They constitute merely a convenient shorthand and so provide little additional insight into their component personality disorders.

We start our tour with Cluster B because the personality disorders it includes are ubiquitous. You are far more likely to have come across a Borderline or a Narcissist or a Psychopath than across a Schizotypal, for instance.

First, an overview of Cluster B:

Borderline Personality Disorder is marked by instability. The patient is a roller-coaster of emotions (this is called emotional lability). She (most Borderlines are women) fails to maintain stable relationships and dramatically attaches to, clings, and violently detaches from a seemingly inexhaustible stream of lovers, spouses, intimate partners, and friends. Self-image is volatile, one's sense of self-worth is fluctuating and precarious, affect is unpredictable and inappropriate, and impulse control is impaired (the patient's threshold of frustration is low).

The Antisocial Personality Disorder involves contemptuous disregard for others. The psychopath ignores or actively violates other people's rights, choices, wishes, preferences, and emotions.

The Narcissistic Personality Disorder is founded on a sense of fantastic grandiosity, brilliance, perfection, and power (omnipotence). The narcissist lacks empathy, is exploitative, and compulsively seeks narcissistic supply (attention, admiration, adulation, being feared, etc.) to buttress his False Self - a confabulated "person" aimed at inspiring awe and extracting compliance and subservience from others.

Finally, the Histrionic Personality Disorder also revolves around attention-seeking but is usually confined to sexual conquests and displays of the histrionic's capacity to irresistibly seduce others.

Read more @The Drama Club, coming to an ET forum near you.:D

3. jinxu

jinxu

Important question: were they hot and do you have pics???

There's a saying:

A woman can be:

1) single
    2) sexy -or-
    3) sane

But only 2 of them at any one time.

4. Cassie

Cassie

LMFAO!!!:p :p :p I think this may be true... sadly, coming from a woman.

5. Well damn, i'm trying to work this equation to my benefit
    and its not working! :p

6. Borderline Personality Disorder is marked by instability. The patient is a roller-coaster of emotions (this is called emotional lability). She (most Borderlines are women) fails to maintain stable relationships and dramatically attaches to, clings, and violently detaches from a seemingly inexhaustible stream of lovers, spouses, intimate partners, and friends. Self-image is volatile, one's sense of self-worth is fluctuating and precarious, affect is unpredictable and inappropriate, and impulse control is impaired (the patient's threshold of frustration is low).

Bingo.

7. Why do I attract them?

You probably don't attract them, you might just find them fun.:D You're attracted to them. Just saying, I haven't a clue.:cool: :D

8. Its possible.

I either need to hold myself to a higher standard
    and screen better. Or deal with the consequences..

9. sounds like one of the chicks i'm dating now. i was initially attracted to her because she's young and hot, but behind that exterior is one f*'d up girl.

she is extremely emotional, even by female standards. she will go from happy/laughing to crying in the blink of an eye, all over something as petty as another person criticizing her shirt. WTF?

and it's not due to PMS. she's like this all the time.

10. #10     Dec 23, 2010