Clowns ES Daytrading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ESclown, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ESclown

ESclown

One thing i recognised which makes me close out a big position straight away is when i start getting hot and angry at the market for not moving in my direction. You can literally feel the heat!

When i see the loss that can be incurred from the result of large position i rarely focus on anything but the Matrix. This leads means I'm basically just hoping and praying - not good trading.

Again let me build my confidence in my approach and system then let me get a good 6 months of stats on my own trading. Hopefully if all is then good i will increase size.

I am all about capital preservation at this stage of my trading.

#21     Feb 14, 2008
  2. ESclown

ESclown

Value is certainly higher right now. Does not seem to have power to be a trend day so might be a good buy if we can get lower to the 50 region.

Otherwise i will be looking at 63 as good short zone if we can get up there.

My stastically worst time of the day now from 12 - 1.30pm i simply suck. Will be back soon - going to boxing practice.

I have also found if im active during the day and not glued to the screen i make better decisions. The amount of time i have taken off my practices due to trading was getting ridiculous. Nice to get back to my active self and keep the mind fresh when i return. Market will still be here and so will the opportunities.

#22     Feb 14, 2008
  3. ESclown

ESclown

Back from training.

Looks like i missed i nice short at 61 resistance. Odds favour the short side so if we can get it back up there i might take a shot.

Otherwise we coming up to some nice support at the 50s, could take us back up to 60s.

48-50 looking like nice support zone. Lets see if this can break 55 and get back into a range and condolidate at 54.

#23     Feb 14, 2008
  4. ESclown

ESclown

Short at 1355.50. Very tight stop and 1349 target.

Low probability trade but its part of the plan so has too be followed with consistency.

40% win ratio would be great for my plan.

Not good start stopped at 1357.

#24     Feb 14, 2008
  5. ESclown

ESclown

Back short again at 57 still 49 target. However, may close out at 54.
    Sorry got that slightly wrong was actually filled at 56.75.
    Tight stop now.

#25     Feb 14, 2008
  6. ESclown

ESclown

Sometimes this is the problem with only using 1 contract. I should have scaled out 1 at 53.25 region and left the others on. Hence, i will guarantee a winner.

But i have to stick to the plan and only way i will win in long run is stick to the R:R i have set myself.

Stop now moved to breakeven, need to see some downside momentum, not getting it just yet.

Target will be discretionary, might go for more than 49.

#26     Feb 14, 2008
  7. ESclown

ESclown

Great trade closing out at 48 for +8.75 pts.

Would love to hold longer but that was my target so sticking to the plan.

#27     Feb 14, 2008
  8. Nicely Done.

#28     Feb 14, 2008
  9. ESclown

ESclown

Would love to get another low, value is higher. I guess they blasted the stops with the big down bar from 51-47.

Sidelines till i can get nice low risk entry.

#29     Feb 14, 2008
  10. If we get below 1346 we could see 1333 very quickly. IMO

#30     Feb 14, 2008