Clowns ES Daytrading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ESclown, Feb 13, 2008.

1. ESclown

ESclown

Trendline held and 60 min forming bullish hammer. However, im not playing this just yet, waiting for a decent entry or higher probability trade. Right now im not seeing any trend just a weak LL and no weak HH.

Sidelines till i get a play.

#11     Feb 14, 2008
  2. Nice commentary, and you're right.

There's no point in playing the chop when a trend will give you much higher prob plays.

#12     Feb 14, 2008
  3. ESclown

ESclown

That used to be my main problem, thinking i have to register the $$$$ everyday, so taking plays which did not confirm - sometime sthey went well and you get some nice action but in the long run you are destined to lose if you keep getting involved in chop.

As of now i try to only trade is a play presents itself, if not then no trades for the entire day. I figure the market will give plenty of opportunities so only need to take the good ones.

Patience patience and patience.

#13     Feb 14, 2008
  4. ESclown

ESclown

Inverse head and shoulder on 15 min chart. Personally i don't like playing patterns but also with wedge breakdown, expecting a move to atleast yesterdays and tuesdays value zone 55-58.

Want to see how price reacts to 63-64 which should be decent resistence now.

Lets see if this broadening formation holds with 60.50 right on lower trendline on 1min chart.

So far HH and LL meaning chop. Decent action for a scalper i guess.

#14     Feb 14, 2008
  5. ESclown

ESclown

Sometimes fib numbers and resistance zones work very well together. That Fib 161.80% projection nailed that 71 high which was also resistance zone on 60 min chart i displayed.

Wedge breakdowns are usually my favourite patterns if any.

Minor trend is now down so let see if we can get a play from this.

#15     Feb 14, 2008
  6. ESclown

ESclown

Price right into value zone, many buyers in this zone so nice retrace from here.

I sometimes wonder if financials really do lead the way. Everytime financials are tanking the ES finds it very hard to stay above water. That is one sector i really like to check during the day.

#16     Feb 14, 2008
  7. first of all...great trading to you...YES, that is AMAZINGLY conservative!!!...I think I would be throwing at least 20 ES contracts at $300 daytrade margin 'all in and all out' at once...seriously...with $30,000...but, to each their own..the best to you!

#17     Feb 14, 2008
  8. ESclown

ESclown

Well i understand your point, i am not a risk averse person but from my trading mistakes i realised that when i trade to big i am uncomfortable in my position and then don't have a clear head to analyze the markets to see what really happening.

If your basically focusing on your PnL with your big positions it limits your attention and leads to many mistakes.

Also, this is more of a confidence issue right now, if i build up the account and my confidence i will increase size. I used to trade 6-8 contracts which on good days was great, but on a bad day where i had completely gone mad and lost all sync with the market it was absolutely terrible for my PnL.

My own stats show that wherever i had larger position size my win ratio was terrible compared to when I'm cool and composed.

#18     Feb 14, 2008
  9. ESclown

ESclown

Wanna see this bounce back 62 so maybe i can get a peice of a short. Again thses are just random thoughts as the day progresses, nothing set in stone.

#19     Feb 14, 2008
  10. that is such a key...I've found that out too..the hard way...better to trade less and be cool about it!

#20     Feb 14, 2008