Clouds cause Warming - New Study...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Jul 3, 2013.

1. jem

jem

I think you need to look at the temp data long term and short term.

We have been cooling for the last 12 years...
    and if you wish to go back to the industrial revolution...
    using the best statistical tests... there is no discernable warming outside natural variation.

So even if there is a little warming...
    the recent studies have shown it is clouds which most likely cause the variations.

Co2 is a minor part of greenhouse gasses.
    man made co2 is even smaller than that.

CO2 has been going up...
    over the last 17 years temps have not gone up.

So the models saying co2 forces temp have failed.

What science do you have showing man made co2 causes warming on earth...

answer... all you have is a guess.
    could your guess turn out to be true... yes..
    Is man made co2 likely to be a major factor in warming...

no... why...

because it also does a lot of cooling in the upper atmosphere.

#11     Jul 5, 2013
  2. Fuck you asshole.

#12     Jul 6, 2013
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're gonna fuck your brothers asshole - again?

#13     Jul 6, 2013
  4. pspr

pspr

FC is just a moron. He went to college but did so poorly that he had to become and air conditioner installation tech.

Now he thinks he is a climatologist but he can't see the forest for the trees. His mind has zero flexibility to absorb new data and alter his opinion accordingly.

You may be right that he is paid by the word to post his tripe or it could just be that he is incredibly stupid.

#14     Jul 6, 2013
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Nevertheless his argument is correct.

#15     Jul 6, 2013
  6. Science shows that co2 is a greenhouse gas. We are making a shit ton of it. You have even conceded that it's likely our co2 is adding to the earth's temperature rise.

Interesting...

I also often wonder, what other man made attributes may cause the heating(or cooling) of the planet...

Is it possible that the removal of vast sectors of forest, and then putting in the forests' place large sectors of blacktop pavement, asphalt shingles, etc. could be having an impact?

Science shows us that dark uniform objects are much more capable of absorbing heat from the sun's rays, then say light colored whispy leaf foliage...

#16     Jul 6, 2013
  7. pspr

pspr

No it isn't. You are just stupid, Rectum.

#17     Jul 6, 2013
  8. I would like to know where you are getting this kind of information.

With all due respect for your scientific enthusiasm and insight, I highly doubt that such a statement could be substantiated as a statistical fact among the scientific community as a whole.

Referring to a global radiative energy budget imbalance of 1% per 100 years as a "small poke" is quite a statement.

According to your hypothesis, In a very short millennium we are looking at a rough guestimate of a 10% imbalance, if we keep up our old habits. Correct?

That doesn't even take into consideration there is the real possibility that the more our global radiative budget balance is disrupted, the further issues may be compounded, and we may see a run away cause and effect.

1% of the earth's radiative energy budget upset in only 100 years!!??

MY GOD!! That's terrifying to even think!!!!

You've got the hair standing up on the back of my neck now. WOW!

#18     Jul 6, 2013
  9. jem

jem

there were not quotes of mine on this thread.
    if I made them on another thread I probably had links to them.

#19     Jul 6, 2013
  10. jem

jem

I have not conceded that at all.
    When you add the cooling the co2 does in the upper atmosphere with the tiny amount of warming it potentially could do in the lower I am not sure if CO2 warms or cools.

I am also not sure that the temp of the ocean does not set the level of CO2. So that cooler temps mean dissipation and warmer temps mean accumulation.

So whether man made co2 does any warming at all is an unproven question. The studies coming out lately and the one that is coming out... seem to be saying aerosols and clouds are having and impact on temps not co2.

With respect to man made co2 causing warming... my reading of the recent science... says they have not ruled it out... but it is getting less and less significant.

#20     Jul 6, 2013