Closing naked put positions

Discussion in 'Options' started by LAtrojan, Apr 28, 2009.

1. spindr0

spindr0

Jim, Jim, tsk, tsk. Sending him to read Yahoo? I thought that you liked Richard. :)

#41     May 4, 2009
  2. golly gee guys I didn't know how much there was to know:eek: :p thanks ! pm me with the boards...x

#42     May 4, 2009
  3. Spin, interesting point you make, and I guess I owe Richard an Apology.

Richard on second thought I should say enter that board with caution its a place where the common terms and definitions which are generally accepted in the financial world have no meaning and logic has a much different basis. I would suggest you enter with caution.

Jim with a J

#43     May 4, 2009
  4. donnap

donnap

Hmmm...."option deal." Where have I heard that before?

#44     May 4, 2009
  5. ok guys...I've done the research...options and futures...yahoo message board and the best one is "BrettHollands" dedicated to the most handsome man and the most attractive male model....THIS is where you all hang out:eek:

#45     May 4, 2009
  6. I'd love to join this very intelligent conversational banter taking place, but I'm busy reseaching for new "deals",.... to post on the new "Option Trading" thread I initiated today.
    The first stock selected for the new thread was ADP.

I really like the downside tech support I see in the $30 range.
    Hence my initiation of a $30/27.5 put spread.

Given that earnings are reported tomorrow, I'm sure some of the same folks will be sharing more of the same intelligent conversation on the new thread, if earnings miss expectation.
    Now, about that ADP "deal"........

BTW, I even posted a special "thank you", to those who encouraged me to leave the "crazies" who ruined the Option and Futures board, and post my deals here instead.
    Thanks pal!
    LOL!

Put Master

#46     May 4, 2009
  7. I've been saying this for years.

I don't find it funny at all. He's here spreading bad information - but at least it's far less bad than it used to be, but it benefits no one. And it harms others. It harms others. Isn't that what you and I are here trying to prevent?

And I must ask, why would an intelligent person like yourself think it's funny when someone makes a jackass out of himself - and has no clue that's what he's doing.

I for one am not going to toleate it. I refuse to see his posts. Las Vegas monkey does not exist.

Mark

#47     May 4, 2009
  8. Here is a 6 step plan for following the PutzMaster's "deals"

1) incur large losses
    2) retrieve broom from closet
    3) lift carpet
    4) sweep everything within range under carpet
    5) pretend there are no lumps under the carpet
    6) deny deny deny that it happened

#48     May 4, 2009
  9. Dagnyt seem really upset that I would dare question whether someone should "always and automatically", close a naked put deep OTM, with $0.15 still available, on a non volatile, defensive, quality stock, with just 10 trading days remaining.

Makes no difference to dagnyt and others, what sector the stock is in, how diverse or concentrated his cash is in that position, whether earnings are pending, ect.....
    He doesn't even care that the questioner stated he wouldn't mind owning some of the stocks if put to him.
    How dare I open that issue up for discussion and debate!

I also find it curious that he called my discussion misinformation, without actually pointing out what the misinformation was?
    Seems to me he's just upset that I called for evaluation and analysis on a deal by deal basis, vs his "always and automatically" mantra, of treating all deals the same.
    It truely makes no different to dagnyt and others, if a deal is 10% or 30% OTM, with just 10 trading days remaining.
    Again, how dare I open that issue up for discussion and debate!
    Talk about sharing misinformation!
    GEEEZE!

Yeah, lets talk about the meaning of "deal" instead.
    LOL!

Put Master

#49     May 4, 2009
  10. <<< Quote from RichardRimes:
    What is an "option deal"? you mean strategy? >>>

I suppose I could use the term "option investment" instead of "option deal". But then some wouldn't have anything to pretend to be confused and upset over.
    Hence, I'm sticking with "deal".

I'm hoping to do more option "deals" (investments) this week, as I have several May "deals" expiring shortly.
    Some are as little as 15% OTM and others close to 40% OTM.
    This is sure going to upset some folks here, when they find out I'm not closing the spread deals down!
    How dare I keep all that money!!!
    LOL!

They really prefer that I take that cash and put it in another less OTM investment (deal), for the remaining 9 days.
    Trust me , if I see another deal I like, I'll be doing it. It's not like I have 100% of my investment cash tied up 100% of the time.
    When a deal offers the strikes and premiums I desire, I do it.
    I don't have to close down deals 15 - 40% OTM with just days to go,... leaving behind hundreds of dollars in commission and profit.

On the other hand, if those deals were in volatile sectors, maybe I would close some of them.
    But my deep OTM May deals are in mostly stable and defensive type companies.
    Hence, my investment decisions are based on analysis.
    Not some automatic "close them all early no matter what" mantra.

Put Master

my point is even my mother who has Alzheimers knows that a bull put spread is a simple bullish vertical spread bet. What more is there to discuss?

#50     May 4, 2009