closing my trading account today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. To what do you attribute your lack of success?

#41     Jun 11, 2003
  2. so we all got it wrong but only YOU know what best for him?!? you must be a democrat too!
    get off your soapbox and GG can make his own adult decisions, good or bad he is the one who has to live with them.

...although agree with your one point, i do recall seeing this thread before.

#42     Jun 11, 2003
  3. maxpi

maxpi

Think about it, a successfull trader makes more than doctor and attorney combined. They go to school for 8 years or more, maybe it takes that long to become successful at trading, not that many years in front of a screen, but that many years learning. You can work at something else and learn the markets, believe me.

Max

#43     Jun 11, 2003
  4. Who says you are FORCED? BULLSHIT!!! Get up off your ass and find a broker with a minimum opener, MyTrack comes to mind, it was $500 back when I started out trading pennys. Don't get mad, GET TO EVEN, then go beyond that. There is money to be made in the current market.

#44     Jun 11, 2003
  5. boo hoo hoo i'm forced to quit booh hoo hoo. shut up, get off your ass and learn to trade.

#45     Jun 11, 2003
  6. Diplomatic grad, eh?

#46     Jun 11, 2003
  7. VOLUME

VOLUME

GG--in the five plus years I have been in the business, I have NEVER seen or heard of ANYONE who was in the position of "I have to make money" actually make it.
    Don't go to a Prop shop with your remaining $2000...you will just be wasting more time and energy before the inevitable blow out.
    If you can't tread water through some tough times (contrary to what you read on most of these threads....EVERYBODY HAS THEM), you just can't be successful in this business.
    Get a "regular" job and put 100% of your energy into being great at that....who knows, it may lead to good things.:)

Volume

#47     Jun 11, 2003
  8. LongShot,

i never said i was QUITTING. i'm not quitting and will never. i just can't place a trade with IB right now, don't have money to add to the account, and even if i do add a little to it, my account is just too small FOR MY SKILL. i will be the first person to say a good trader could trade a small account and grow it. however, since i'm still no pro, it's gonna be tough for me to come back with only $2k. of course somehow i'm going to get some more money and trade again. i will keep coming back til i figure this out or die.

btw, does this quote look familiar? if so, you should know exactly what situation i'm in...

#48     Jun 11, 2003
  9. I appreciate your honesty, GG. You'll figure it out, young man--time is on your side. :)

#49     Jun 11, 2003
  10. make the big commish for a few months, work 14 hour days if you have to, but really bust your ass and then you will have a stake again.

#50     Jun 11, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.