closing my trading account today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

More terrible advice.

Anybody else want to chip in to buy the guy a bottle?

#31     Jun 11, 2003
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And the hits just keep on comin'

#32     Jun 11, 2003
  3. like i said guys will rip on this but lets just see...

...worked for bill gross, bob bright, blair hull... id say they all turned out all right, and not bad company to be with.

#33     Jun 11, 2003
  4. I agree that some of the advice is not realistic, and maybe irresponsible, but why are you SOOOOO negative?

#34     Jun 11, 2003
  5. Can you recommend a good resource to learn to count cards? I am going to Vegas in August. Thanks

#35     Jun 11, 2003
  6. siedel, ferguson, WSOP champions both traders now, i think its ferguson thats with bright

#36     Jun 11, 2003
  7. Terrible why?

Shouldnt a person pursue what they love?

Some of the market wizards took *** TEN *** years
    to become profitable!

Should they have followed your advice????

But I also see your point. You would never
    tell an alcoholic to go back to school so he can
    make enough money to buy all the alcohol he wants :D

So the question really is. Does GG have a passion
    for trading, or is he a tradaholic? :D

If I were to answer the AA question list which determines
    if you were an alcoholic, but instead used "computers"
    instead of alcohol, it would definitely determine that
    I was a computer-aholic.

But computers are not a drug, and neither is trading.
    I did very well in computers because of my PASSION for them.

If im a computeraholic. So be it.
    Trading is my NEW passion. So I guess im
    a traderaholic.

peace

axeman

#37     Jun 11, 2003
  8. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

If you can do web design you don't need a degree. I met a guy recently who chgose to drop out of college his senior year because he could make a decent living writing code, doing web pages, etc. ..... In fact you can do contract jobs on the weekends or in the evenings and still either paper trade or just watch the markets.

#38     Jun 11, 2003
  9. Harry123

Harry123

Gordo number one, your only 25 so who gives a crap if you have not worked for 3 years at "real job" its meaningless. Not sure if you have a college degree or not but if you do go and get in to your chosen profession and start with your entry level salary and suck it up! You will look back and laugh in a couple of years at how silly you life is washed up statement sounds right now..and anybody who is older than 30+ will agree with me on this you have not even started!

Secondly, I have no goddam idea of how much money you started out with and where you got it from. Its gone now you are still living with the phantom illusion of an amputee who feels his arm or leg is still there when its not! You have to quickly align your mental state to your reality and move on. You have 2 grand left your done for now. Save money up the side, over a couple of years or trade small while at work with surplus cash and you will if you learned something be able to build back a stake over the long run again.

Lastly, as far as you saying you now know what you did wrong and you were just starting to get a handle on things and now your out. thats probably very true, because everybody on their deathbed of trading finally has mental clarity and will take the time to finally admit to themselves all the undisciplined blunders they made that put themselves in to a position where they are fully knocked out of the trading arena due to lack of capital. Also it would be a disservice to yourself if for one second you blame the market markers, the powers that be, anyone but yourself because it is you and you alone that made the final decision to click that goddam mouse button. All good and bad trading is the sole responsibility of the trader. These are the lessons you should take from this experience and if your mentally stronger later and make the correct decisions regarding your financial future you can always be welcome back to the market it holds no grudges.

Good Luck to you Gordo! You have alot of soul searching ahead of yourself.

#39     Jun 11, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Because I've been through all Gordon's "I'm a loser" threads. He's done. He needs to get a life. If when he grows up he decides to give it another shot, so be it. But to suggest that the best thing for him to do is take his money and go to Vegas to learn how to play poker is just about the looniest crap I've ever heard in my life, and there's always the possibility that he might actually listen to some of this nonsense.

He needs to talk to a professional counselor, not prompt a bunch of ludicrous advice from complete strangers on a frigging internet message board.

And that's why I'm SOOOOO negative.

#40     Jun 11, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.