closing my trading account today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it's just as incredible that you continue to follow it. if you're so high and mighty why don't you stop following the thread and let these fools drivel about whatever they choose. you really sound like someone without a life that likes to sit on the sidelines read all this crap and make judgement.

#281     Jun 13, 2003
  2. The problem is that people just look for pseudo reasons when there are huge statistics from the official themselves: most of people are undercapitalised. And sure it is your case as far as I understood. I will tell you this: an idiot with a capital has much more chance than a genious with no capital in stock market.

Why do think they add the PDT rules ? To even add to the difficulty for very very very small traders like you hee hee ! The game has never been fair especially for the smallest. In fact it the principle of stock market itself to wash undercapitalised people or even funds because at some moments funds can also become undercapitalised by using too much leverage.

#282     Jun 13, 2003
  3. benysl

benysl

this post has a long way to go. Hehe

I am sorry to hear that you had to close your acount and go. It just remind me when I am 25, or in fact when I am 23. I am 29 now by the way.

When I am 23 lady luck is with me I strike a small lottery and my company has a retrenchment and got a pretty good compensation.

Went to study a degree fulltime but most of the time I am trading. My first account of $10000 was horrible. First trade I made $600 next 2 trade I loss $3000. Didn't know about cutting loss and letting profit run. Anyway I am rich call up my broker top up my account. I spend money like nobody business. I bought tons and tons of trading book figure that if I can absorb all of it I will be successful. If the per

Within a year I am in debt my futures account also close.
    I started work again and start from scratch and wasn't easy for me to save up. My next account was share by 3 person. And because of some conflict and the system was not doing well so it was close again.
    1 year ago I started another account lose a few round top up again. Until now I had quite sufficient account but lack of discipline. See my other post and so I am taking up a 100 day challenge with myself now.

Wish me luck

#283     Jun 13, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

To Scientist and the rest of the pep squad:

So. GG is going to sell his car. You must all be very pleased.

What a bunch of losers.

#284     Jun 13, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

There's nothing on television.

#285     Jun 13, 2003
  6. Get a job. Build up some trading capital, and come back with a mentor and a better broker

#286     Jun 13, 2003
  7. Magna

Magna Administrator

I know many people don't like what dbphoenix is saying, but he's a good balance for the pep-rally mentality that is prevalent here. GG has been asked a few times if he actually closed out his account like he said he would, like the title of the thread. He ignored those questions, so I suspect he hasn't. HOPE is a very powerful drug....

#287     Jun 13, 2003
  8. taodr

taodr

HOPE.... HOPE.....HOPE ! Well said Magna. This is probably the main reason the majority only end up losing. There was an interesting comment last night namely the ORCL move on Peoplesoft. If the hostile take over binge starts millions of people are going to lose again cause they've held on to stocks that have been decimated in the hope of their price getting close to what they paid in the boom. What was the high of PSFT ? A lot higher than $16.

#288     Jun 13, 2003
  9. It is clear that the majority of people who have responded to this thread feel that GG should not quit. Many mention stop for awhile. Many mention other alternatives to quitting. And some, feel GG should quit altogether.

As I have seen Baron do when a thread becomes counter-productive, so will I. I am closing this thread. As always, another thread may be opened to discuss further this topic.

#289     Jun 13, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.