closing my trading account today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Gordon Gekko, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

PS...you do not need a college degree to do well in life. You will figure it all out.

#11     Jun 11, 2003
  2. Dustin

Dustin

Why don't you go prop? Give them your $2k get some instruction.

#12     Jun 11, 2003
  3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Then I suggest you seek professional counseling. Keep listening to the idiots on these boards and you'll be making trades using credit cards.

#13     Jun 11, 2003
  4. on the bright side, at least it took a long time for me to self destruct. i started basically right before the nasdaq top and i hung in this long. at least i didn't go down without a fight!

#14     Jun 11, 2003
  5. I can relate to your situation. We are around the same age and I have never had a real job, only thing I have done is trading, My account is too small to make a living and I can't get a job, even (especially)a crappy one. Think about what you want to do with the 2K . You can use them to start a business, you can spend them on something you have wanted for some time . Or you just wait for that once in a quarter big opportunity and trade options or one emini contract (if you can come up with the margin + cushion) .

#15     Jun 11, 2003
  6. Hey Gordon...sorry to hear you're out of cash. I know some people are going to laugh, but here's a way you can save
    up about $30,000 to $40,000 in about 2 years.

Get a job driving an 18 wheeler. Those guys are making somewhere between $700 and a $1000 a week. And since
    it sounds like you're single, you wouldn't even need an apartment. You could put $500 a week into the bank and still
    have a couple of hundred to play with.

Of course, it means sacrifice. You won't have much of a social life.
    But, those 2 years will be up in no time, and you'll have an account.

And, heck...you'll get to see the country to boot!

Best of luck!

#16     Jun 11, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Or you can put it all on Lucky Lady in the fifth. Or you can put it all on one spin of the wheel.

You people are really screwed.

#17     Jun 11, 2003
  8. sunnie

sunnie

Sounds like a lot a positives, like you are 25...

HELLO!!! YOU HAVE YOUR WHOLE LIFE AHEAD OF YOU!!....

and hopefully, you have taken care of yourself

and have your health....

you are not 6 feet under yet,

you have a brain in your head,

and you will figure it out....good luck....

YOU GOTTA DO, WHAT YOU GOTTA DO !!!
    :) :)

Pray for what you want,
    Work for what you need.

#18     Jun 11, 2003
  9. What I mean is that if you really want to trade, then trade. Watch the markets, develop a system and once you feel very strongly about the direction of a market, pick your spot and go for it.you have nothing to lose, trading is your life what the heck! Some guys started in commodities with $2000 margin and they could be caught in a limit move, there is no such things in options or minis.

#19     Jun 11, 2003
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

This has to be the dumbest, most irresponsible comment I've read in quite some time.

If you really want to gamble, then gamble. If you really want to drink until you fall down, then drink until you fall down. If you really want to shoot heroin, then shoot heroin.

Nothing to lose? How old are you? How about his house, if he has one? How about his family, if he has one? How about his future?

For Christ's sake, grow up. Get a job. Get a life. If you can't run for daylight, then at least walk. If you can't walk, crawl.

#20     Jun 11, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.