closing/deleting legitmate "chit chat" threads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Gordon Gekko, Jan 31, 2003.

1. This is the absolute truth.BABAK has had major issues with superego,vinnyg(remember babaks stupid website for babak)
    among others. BABAK must be 5 foot tall with a 1 inch pecker because he obviously has the little mans complex in addition to
    whatever other issues related to control
    BAN BABAK

#21     Feb 1, 2003
  2. At first I thought this site was sort of interesting, but as it ages the moderators etc seem to limit too much.

For example, I was talking through pm to another trader asking him how he gets such a cheap rate. The individual didn't work for a firm, but did put me intouch with an individual who does.
    I'm currently in talks of opening a new account at the new firm.

When I PM'd the person that gave me the contact it said he longer accepts messages. All in all i learned ET closed his account because they thought he was spamming.

This person in no way solicited me. I asked him for information, he helped me out and now I'm grateful.

Networking at it's finest!

That is how I thought this site could benefit me. I guess that's not the case anymore, unless they advertise on this site.

#22     Feb 1, 2003
  3. :p

#23     Feb 1, 2003
  4. What ever happened to super ego??

#24     Feb 1, 2003
  5. Alice, I don't think you understand the value of, nor the reason behind a "chit-chat" section.

Chit-chat is just that, meaningless talk compared to the main purpose of the forums and the focus of E.T. Not to say that the chit-chat is meaningless, or comments aren't educational, funny, controversial....it is just an acceptance that there is a designated area for certain threads, that are either no longer about trading, or were never about trading. Consider it like a lounge in an airport, which allows smoking. A place where traders can go to blow off some steam, have some fun, etc.

What Baron and others that work with him to maintain this site have done is to create a community, a world for traders to exchange ideas. Some ideas relate to trading, some of it is just the normal, I repeat, normal "kindergarten" activity of adult males---it is primarily a male dominated forum---who balance out the high stress of day trading with a place for some virtual fun.

Baron should be congratulated for making the concept of a trading community work so well, with so little censorship on the whole from those who volunteer for the "thankless" task of serving as a moderator.

Once Ernie's thread was moved to the chit-chat section, he chose, willingly to continue responding to the criticism, even participated in the flaming process.

You contributed to the flaming process, with flaming of your own.

He could easily have ignored that, started another thread, which he did, and move along. He is not innocent in this process, from the moment that he returned a flaming serve.

#25     Feb 1, 2003