closing/deleting legitmate "chit chat" threads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Gordon Gekko, Jan 31, 2003.

1. for the record..

babak,

i know you're just doing your job the best way you know how. i'm not trying to make a big deal out of a small issue. just expressing an opinion, nothing else. :cool:

#11     Jan 31, 2003
  2. babak, baron etc I know this is your board, and you can terminate any account / thread whenever you feel like it, but perhaps you might care to consider that a board is basically the sum of its members. Traders, by definition, are free spirits. You try and make em behave, and they will leave.

If your board is fun, they will come.

If it isnt, they will f\/ck off. Ooh. Almost a bad word there. Is that a demerit?

#12     Jan 31, 2003
  3. five...

#13     Jan 31, 2003
  4. I agree with the sentiment of the many people who are talking about the principle of free speech etc.

However I must admit that the stupidity of the man in question really got under my skin so, from that point of view, I can understand where a moderator is coming from when he intends to wipe out such a type of thread.

Freealways

#14     Jan 31, 2003
  5. ALICE

ALICE

If you want to have "fun" as you call it, post your garbage on Yahoo. This is a board about trading. Not a playground for YOU and your kindergarten school pals! :mad:

#15     Jan 31, 2003
  6. Thanks Alice/Market whatever. What a pleasure to see you back again.

#16     Jan 31, 2003
  7. ron2368

ron2368

Once in a while its fun to see a thread like that deteriorate and in my opinion it deserved it. If things get really nasty then delete it, but some of these topics get really funny. There has to be a line I suppose and thats what the mods are for.

Mrmarket, superego, etc. they were all fun while they lasted. Just the thought of mrmarket gets me laughing, wow he is really huge.:D

#17     Jan 31, 2003
  8. sammybea

sammybea

I just don't like that fact that Babak, who represents Baron takes swipes at its members. Baron do you endorse this? Babak's comments on deleting thoughts of ET members as a whole is quite disturbing.

#18     Jan 31, 2003
  9. ronbgelf

ronbgelf

it seems personal with Babak, rather than professional.

#19     Jan 31, 2003
  10. nkhoi

nkhoi

If I am the moderator I will move the thread to chitchat let it sink to the bottom of the heap then quietly delete the thread. But his post make it seem more on personal level than just a normal routine of bad thread handling.

#20     Feb 1, 2003