closing a butterfly

Discussion in 'Options' started by Georgi90, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Georgi90

Georgi90

say something that is worth. enough bullshit lessons
    money management.... position size management.... not relevant for a retail with 10k account who wants to make some good money

#11     Jul 16, 2012
  2. your account size shouldn't be an excuse to take huge bets based on your account size..... tell me if i'm wrong what i hear you saying is " since i only have 10 grand, to get anywhere i'm going to really have to make a huge jump by big bets with huge percentages of my account" is that not true?

#12     Jul 16, 2012
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

The bet size should be a function of your willingness and ability to take risk; not your account size.

#13     Jul 16, 2012
  4. hey whatever justification you want to use to create your position size is your own business. It was just me brainstorming.. i have more then half my account in one trade right now.. so i'm not one to talk..

#14     Jul 16, 2012
  5. Seriously?!! The fist thing that one must learn is position sizing and money management. Especially with options. No single trade should make or break your account.
    I guess you're learning this lesson the hard way.

#15     Jul 16, 2012
  6. Georgi90

Georgi90

We had an 8 percent down move on facebook today, atticus.
    It could have been to the upside. Volatility can come any time, the past is nothing, but illusion.

#16     Jul 16, 2012
  7. Georgi90

Georgi90

Not at all, if you know for sure what is going on with your underlying and the people minds.'' No single trade should make or break your account.'' - I agree.

#17     Jul 16, 2012
  8. I'm surprised at the big 8% move today. I expected this sort of volatility only around earnings and the first week or so of the IPO. Volume was low and my guess it jumps back up 6%+ within a few days.

:)

#18     Jul 16, 2012