Closed prop firms

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by rmorse, May 29, 2015.

1. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Does anyone have a list of closed prop firms from Chicago? Looking for more a list of JBO prop not traditional prop. Someone asked me to help compile this list. If you know of any, please post. If you know if they closed voluntary or by regulators, that would help too.

Thank you.

2. xandman

xandman

Bob, you probably have more contacts in Chicago than the Chicagoans on this board. Additionally, I would be curious to see that proprietor list. Would make an awesome Rolodex, do they still use those?

Tell me if you need someone for local leg work. You can pay me back via a Summer Internship.

3. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Yes, I'm old enough to have had a Rolodex. No more.

4. 2rosy

2rosy

You mean firms like infinium, chopper, etc

xandman likes this.
  5. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

Yes if they are gone now. I can research after why they closed down

6. Gambit

Gambit

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/arti.../why-even-mid-sized-trading-firms-are-hurting

Chicago small fry, with 100 employees or fewer, that dropped out in that earlier wave include Blue Capital, which closed in 2011; Endeavor Trading, which was purchased by Sun Trading in 2012; and Buttonwood Trading, which was thrust into bankruptcy by creditors in 2013.

Another small firm, Caherciveen Partners, has been seeking a buyer, according to sources familiar with the firm. CEO George Houlihan declines to comment.

7. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

thank you

8. Gambit

Gambit

No worries.

9. xandman

xandman

Interesting, the table is for high frequency trading yet the picture shows DOM and Charts.

I guess the picture of a guy typing on a Unix console hacking the exchange messaging system or reprogramming a GPU is not as exciting.

10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Add Van Buren Securities and EchoTrade to the list.

#10     May 31, 2015
    rmorse likes this.