Close-Up Footage of Mavi Marmara Passengers Attacking IDF Soldiers

Discussion in 'Politics' started by phenomena, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Wow, I never knew it was the passenger's responsibility to make the decision to repel boarders. I thought that the captain and crew would make that decision.

I'll have to remember this the next time I take a cruise.....

#11     Jun 1, 2010
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Ever hear of self-defense?

#12     Jun 1, 2010
  3. No. They weren't special forces. They weren't expecting to be attacked, because they weren't attacking. They weren't any kind of comandos at all, just regular naval/coast guard patrol soldiers.

Why send the commandos down outnumbered? Because, just like a police officer who shows up at the door of a loud party, he doesn't expect to be attacked.

Now you are blaming Israel for the actions of the "peace activists"? Because Israel should have sent commandos and not regular soldiers, it's Israel's fault that they got attacked?! LOL!!!!

#13     Jun 1, 2010

4. There was no "take over operation" at all. Until the "peace activists" started attacking soldiers with lead pipes and knives at least...

They were boarding the ship, just like the American Coast Guard routinely does with any vessel it feels the need to. They have the right to board and search any vessel, and identify any passengers. Israel can do the same. They are in fact OBLIGATED to do so by international agreements.

To cite the Gaza-Jericho Agreement (Annex I, Article XI) which vests Israel with the responsibility for security along the coastline and the Sea of Gaza. The agreement stipulates that Israel may take any measures necessary against vessels suspected of being used for terrorist activities or for smuggling arms, ammunition, drugs, goods, or for any other illegal activity. [67]

#14     Jun 1, 2010
  5. loza

loza Guest

Now listen, they (the zionists) had no business boarding a ship in international waters, period. What part of that you slow witted brain cannot comprehend?

#15     Jun 1, 2010
  6. Yes.

Explain how it applies when:

They had boarded 5 other boats without incident.

Were boarded legally, according to agreement.

Sailors were attacked as soon as they hit the deck, before the passengers were threatened with harm.

Sounds like you approve of pre-emptive action, something that I would imagine that you condemn Israel for......

#16     Jun 1, 2010
  7. byteme

byteme

Please tell me where I blame Israel for anything.

Also, since you seem to be so well informed on the matter and find it so amusing with your obsessive LOL'ing, perhaps you could link me to somewhere that confirms the people that boarded were coast guard.

The sources I have read seem to say they were seaborne special forces. I'd be happy to see evidence to the contrary.

If they were special forces I find it pretty funny that they got beat down. The whole event was a farce and would pretty hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

#17     Jun 1, 2010
  8. byteme

byteme

Captain Aria Shaliker of the Israel Defense Forces, who was part of Monday's operation, says the commandos began the raids armed with paint ball guns.

"I was, myself, on one of the boats, the Israeli boats, approaching the flotilla," he told the BBC's World Today programme.

"It is true that the Israeli commander unit... came on board with paint ball weapons... in order to disperse [people] if there was violence. They were ready for a violent... demonstration on board the flotilla, especially on the big boat, the Marmara.

"No-one really expected that there would be such a violent outcome of what happened.

-------------------

I could be wrong but it looks like this IDF guy who was part of the operation seems to think the people that boarded/raided the ship were commandos.

#18     Jun 1, 2010
  9. byteme

byteme

...well apparently:

The UN Charter on the Law of the Sea says only if a vessel is suspected to be transporting weapons, or weapons of mass destruction, can it be boarded in international waters. Otherwise the permission of the ship's flag carrying nation must be sought.

-----------------------------------------

So, if Israel suspected the vessel to be carrying weapons or weapons of mass destruction it can be boarded in international waters.

Question is, if the vessel is suspected of carrying weapons why board with only coast guard as Momo/Phenomena claims?

#19     Jun 1, 2010
  10. No, the people who initially boarded the ship were regular soldiers. After they started getting knifed and beaten with lead pipes by crowds of "peace activists", they sent over combat ops soldiers. Pretty easy to understand, right?

FWIW, never try to cite BBC as an objective source on anything to do with Jews or Israel. It kind of makes you appear naive.

#20     Jun 1, 2010