Close the Border you traitors - before you get us killed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Sep 25, 2014.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Maybe Odumbo will call for us to charter flights to let them escape this 'humanitarian crisis' ... I mean it seems he welcomes anyone into the country from drug dealers to gang members to ISIS ...

#51     Oct 1, 2014
  2. loyek590

loyek590

anyway, I got my dates wrong, voted straight libertarian in 2102 and intend to in 2014. Not sure yet about 2016. If I like the republican I will vote for him and then a straight ABTI party on down the ballot.

As for my "Big Government" idea, eliminating means testing for food stamps would make them very expensive, but more efficient.

as for the border, eliminate illegals by making them legal and open the border. Our war on the border is starting to look like our war on drugs. And the two are very intertwined.

#52     Oct 1, 2014
  3. loyek, get rid of the war on drugs and a lot of the border problems would disappear as well. Open borders is lunacy however, no matter how fervently Forbes and the Wall Street Journal want cheap labor.

#53     Oct 1, 2014
  4. loyek590

loyek590

13 million people in your country who can't work legally is the cause of cheap labor

#54     Oct 1, 2014
  5. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

But we don't need all those people .. we have the lowest labor participation rate since the late 70's .. why not have all the long term chronically unemployed get jobs and send illegals back to where they came from ..

#55     Oct 1, 2014
  6. loyek590

loyek590

I am not opposed to rounding up all illegals and deporting them, especially those protesting in front of the White House.

I also have other big ideas. Like giving everybody food stamps regardless of income, and completely eliminating the corporate tax. 0%.

but nobody seems to like my ideas, so I have to be pragmatic.

#56     Oct 1, 2014
  7. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

How do you pay for the above? Isn't our financial condition bad enough?

#57     Oct 1, 2014
  8. Ricter

Ricter

#58     Oct 1, 2014
  9. jem

jem

I think eliminating income tax and giving everyone foodstamps is an interesting proposal.
    Its certainly a better form of "utopia".. then taxing the hell out of everybody.
    lets provide the saftey net to everyone.

Before you tell us its inflationary... lets trim the budget and track m3 and dollar creation activities.

#59     Oct 1, 2014
  10. jem

jem

that is not the issue...
    the issue is he got here and may have infected many people.

#60     Oct 1, 2014