Close-out advisory? Short selling?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by kakao, May 21, 2020.

1. kakao

kakao

What does this mean please?

2. guru

guru

It means that you are short a stock that currently doesn’t have sufficient number of shares to borrow, so you cannot keep borrowing those shares and need to buy them back. Otherwise IB may automatically buy the shares back for you.
    Shorting shares requires borrowing them first (which IB does automatically for you), but there is a limited pool of shares available for lending/borrowing, and it can change at any time.

kakao likes this.
  3. zdreg

zdreg

In order for you to go short the co. needs to borrow shares for you to sell. The notice is saying They are no longer able to borrow stock for your short position. You have two choices. You can close your position by buying the stock back or you can do nothing and let the broker buy the stock for you.
    (If you do nothing there is always the possibility at the last moment prior to buying you in that they can borrow the stock and you will still have your position.)

kakao likes this.
  4. Cisco34

Cisco34

How do you short 35,000 shares of something, then ask a question like this?

Cuddles and NotKenGriffin like this.
  5. Cuddles

Cuddles

GL op

upload_2020-5-21_18-6-20.png

6. kakao

kakao

I am short avg 2.45 , so... I don't care it's 2 cents movement AH...

For what should this reply useful? Refrain such useless comments...

7. kakao

kakao

Refrain toxicity and jealousy please. Your posts make no sense...

8. qwerty11

qwerty11

If IB closes out at least they will do it prudently (at the VWAP for that day).

Good news is that, as there are $1 strikes available, you can also short this name with calls.

9. zdreg

zdreg

"He who laughs last will laugh most."
    I won't bet with your money that your bought 35000 shares at the open.:D

10. zdreg

zdreg

MARK trading at 2.80 pre-market.

#10     May 26, 2020