close down the Journals section

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by KS96, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KS96

KS96

it's 99% junk

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Then don't read it.

3. Soeaking of which, why was Riskarb's Journal thread closed and why was my last post there deleted (my post there was a friendly one to riskarb)?

Seems the mods are getting a little power hungry or was there a reason we are not aware of?

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

send a pm to magna, the mod of that forum. I'm sure he has an explanation. But just fyi, journal threads are often closed at the request of the thread starter for various reasons.

5. OK thanks, Riskarb indicated he was off for good so he may have asked it be closed. I will ask why my post was deleted.

:D

6. Sorry but I do not think Riskarb asked for his thread to be closed.

I think we deserve some explanation. Riskarb deserves to have his thread opened again.

Baron, please look into this.....among the other more important things you have to do LOL.

7. Magna should remove the offensive post but plz reinstate the thread...many other people have/do contribute excellent trading ideas...I don't believe Riskarb would want it closed

8. ok...but I do think that forex guy is a jerk...you obviously didn't read the post(s) in which he was condescending and abusive (imo) to Michael B and several others who questioned his motives. Riskarb gave as good as he got. I was offended by Risk calling you the C word, and understand his being banned for that but nothing he said to forex guy or ice or most anyone else was really that offensive. My point in keeping the thread alive is that there is very useful posts.... even if riskarb is banned why junk the thread?

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It appears that riskarb was posting insults and profanity in other people's journals which ultimately generated some complaints from other members. Upon receiving these complaints, Magna deleted those posts and told Riskarb to back off from the insults. Riskarb then hurled a bunch of obscenities directly at Magna, which ultimately resulted in him getting banned.

I support this action. Any member (no matter how long they've been around) who repeatedly insults other members and moderators with vulgar names like "cunt", as in this case, deserves to get banned temporarily at a minimum, and permanently in most cases.

10. Magna

Magna Administrator

I've re-opened that thread, so hopefully it will be of current value to some. Usually when the originator of a journal goes the thread dies out too, but maybe there's enough good stuff in there so that it's worth keeping it alive.

#10     Mar 23, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.