Cloning Possible From 1 Drop of Blood

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 28, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Wow! If they can do it to mice they can do it to you. Imagine ordering up the perfect wife from the cloning company. We could all have our choice of most beautiful, young women in the world for our wives. When they get old we just trade them in for a new, younger version. Will clones be property or will they be people? Oh, the possibilities!
    ----

Tokyo, June 28 (QNA) - Scientists in Japan have cloned a mouse from a single drop of blood.

Circulating blood cells collected from the tail of a donor mouse were used to produce the clone, a team at the Riken BioResource Center reports in the journal Biology of Reproduction.

The female mouse lived a normal lifespan and could give birth to young, say the researchers.

Scientists at a linked institute recently created nearly 600 exact genetic copies of one mouse.

Mice have been cloned from several different sources of donor cells, including white blood cells found in the lymph nodes, bone marrow and liver.

http://www.breitbart.com/system/wire/upi20130628-112007-9855

2. jem

jem

that is crazy.

what a tough choice for libs.

so will clones have rights or can they be aborted at any time.
    can you raise clones to have backup donor organs?
    can they get married
    can the irs target them?
    what if they were made in mexico and cross the boarder.
    what if they are a clone if an illegal alien.
    what if they are a clone of tea party leader?

lots of sci fi shows on the subject.. I particularly the next generation shows regarding data's rights.

3. pspr

pspr

LOL Lots of questions will have to be answered.

What if you want your clone to go to work for you? Or go murder someone for you?
    What if your clone murders you? Is it the same as if you got your shirt caught in your wheat combine and it sucked you in?
    What if you catch your clone with your girlfriend? Will you be angry? Can you just terminate him on the spot?

4. They are clones not robots. They would be exactly the same as if you had a twin brother/sister. Same DNA, different life/personality.

They would not be Stepford wives like you guys are dreaming about.

5. jem

jem

so what happens when michael j celibrity says If I clone myself I will be able to harvest an infant lung to fix up my cancer.

you do not think they will be pushing the line like they have been?

6. I dont think anyone will go along with that. If the technology is so advanced now, just wait a few years...I'm sure they will be able to grow lungs/hearts and whatever else with the technology being so close.

When this happens, thats when we will see Obamacare bankrupt the nation. Everyone over the age of 65 is going to say "Hey, I want to grow me a new heart, lungs and everything else and I have Obamacare so i want it NOW for FREE!!!!!"

Hell, If i was in the last 10 to 20 years of my life, I wouldnt mind getting new organs to extend my life if someone else was paying for it.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Pun intended? :)

8. pspr

pspr

What do you think the death panels are for? No new heart or lungs unless you are on the list of the countries elite. And you know who is going to be making that call. Not you or I.

But, I do like the Stepford wife concept. It's sort of like beating the Musims to the 40 virgins prize. :D

9. pspr

pspr

You think we should just grow the tails? I don't know if I could do half a woman. Something just wouldn't be right about that. Besides, how would you get a blow job?

10. jem

jem

its not the specifics I am talking about... they will want to clone humans for "humanitarian reasons as they have no core concept of individual rights or sacredness." to the left humans are there to serve the state. Even star wars had clone armies. You think that is beyond what the left would do?

#10     Jun 29, 2013