clock

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jmis, Feb 1, 2004.

1. jmis

jmis

how do i sync my computer clock with tws clock? it's currently about 3 minutes faster. thanks

2. pspr

pspr

3. you're new to computers aren't you? double click your computer clock and change the time!

Just a thought

4. here is a cool clock thingy. exacto time--way more accurate than my wristwatches and its free. LOL !

http://www.philex.net/clock/

enjoy,

surfer

5. It won't necessarily sync with TWS, but..

If you're running XP then double-click the time in your Taskbar, go to the Internet Time and set it to sync with one of the web's time servers automatically.

For Windows 2000, etc., search for a little utility called Neutron. It runs on startup, syncs to a time server, and then exits each time you log in.

6. alanm

alanm

I was impressed that this simple facility finally made it into Windows. Until I tried it, and found out that it doesn't set it exactly right - it's off by a few seconds, which doesn't work for me. Like it would have been hard for them to do it right :(

I use "NISTime", which is available (free) from the NIST (the folks that run the atomic clocks): http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/service/its.htm

I run it from my Windows startup directory. A little quirky to get set up properly (the author's native environment is clearly not Windows :) ), but it works well.

WARNING: You can get sucked in and spend more time than you will ever have, exploring the wonderful world of time synchronization :)

7. nitro

nitro

8. AC3

AC3

9. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

I must be missing something ..... Windows 2000 and Windows XP come out of the box with the ability to sync with an external timeserver on the internet: on Windows xp the setup is point and click. On windows 2000 it is a few commands at the command line.

Why would you want to risk contaminating your system with external virusware or adware if this functionality is built - in ?

#10     Feb 19, 2004