Clintonistas Protests "Path to 9/11"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnie, Sep 7, 2006.

1. I agree, so hold the "middle" to a higher standard and eliminate the name calling.

#41     Sep 9, 2006
  2. Why can't honestly be the damn standard?

We all have experienced our own personal perceptions tainting the way we choose to accept / reject issues-

YET the media's goal WAS originally to report from a position of impartiality some 20-30 years ago. Hard to nail exactly when their "agenda' began to contaminate the 'fairness' to the point of predictability if you will. Probably about when Pres. Carter was proving to be such a fuck up.

Now the media can go screw themselves and enjoy their own headlines.

#42     Sep 9, 2006
  3. So let me get this straight - the Dems revere the 9/11 Commission Report almost like a third tablet from Moses, and quote it extensively (and selectively) in attempts to blast Bush.

But when an ABC mini-series is about to air, one based on information from the same beloved commission report they fall over themselves to selectively quote, the Dems go apeshit?

No surprise...

#43     Sep 11, 2006
  4. Um, 'based on" is the key there i think.

For example, your posts are "based on" things some people actually think, or beleived.
    Past tense there, being important.

#44     Sep 11, 2006
  5. fhl

fhl

Um, I don't think clintonistas are saying that the film does not portray the report correctly. No, they are saying, "it didn't happen." Hapaboy is correct in his assertion.

#45     Sep 11, 2006
  6. He is? News to me.
    Does the word DOCUDRAMA mean anything?
    No? what "didnt -happen"?
    Bad scriptwriting, poor dialogue, a worthless and sorry exercise in the history of film-making?
    That didnt happen?
    Well, colour me happy, that's a releif.

#46     Sep 11, 2006
  7. You must have watched a different series than I did. Or maybe the terrorists getting arrested before they could murder a few thousand people spoiled it for you.

I thought last night's screening was absolutely brilliant and one of the most riveting things I've ever seen on TV. It effectively illustrated how difficult it is for a massive bureaucracy to respond to an agile and committed foe. It underscored why we have trouble getting people to cooperate with us and the risks they run.

#47     Sep 11, 2006
  8. Can you spot the difference between these two pictures?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#48     Sep 11, 2006
  9. Massive bureucracy, rubbish.
    They can make decisions on a whim, and do regularly, that make "failing" to do their job in an instance such as this, look like
    a marvel of efficiency and best practice.

#49     Sep 11, 2006
  10. FWIW, im amazed harvey had anthing to do with this dramatised "EXCUSE".

#50     Sep 11, 2006