Clinton: Rubin and Summers Gave Me Wrong Advice on Derivatives, and I Was Wrong To Ta

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Pop Sickle, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Morgan, I may be wrong but as far as the SEC, and Clinton's comments re Levitt, I think the Basel Accords / ISDA governed derivatives, so whomever was at the SEC wouldn't have affected the outcome. Probably someone else here could make a case that repeal of glass steagal would have only a minor role.

#21     Apr 18, 2010
  2. it's a fun little thread that highlights what a miserable group of morons teabaggers are.

Unlike most of the teaggaging rubbish that slither around here, at least you have your spell checker working correctly today. You can add to the thread refuting anything you see out of place.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=196589&perpage=6&pagenumber=3

What? Can't read properly? Don't have glasses? well in that case medicare should be able to help you out!

#22     Apr 18, 2010
  3. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

#23     Apr 18, 2010
  4. wmb

wmb

This former President of the United States matter of factly says he was wrong and he gets adulation from his followers for admitting he was wrong for listening to his advisors that he picked! We are such frickin fools in this country sometimes. UHM hmmm charge this guy with fraud and lets see how quickly he claims he never allowed anything to happen! Charge this guy with a coverup and see him squirm with indignation just like goofy Nixon. Greensspan, Clinton, Frank, Dodd, Rahm Emmanuel, the Community Reinvestment Act advocates and the Derivatives are at the heart of our countries and europes problems today. They, just like Goldman Sacs knew exactly what they were peddling! If today those fools are going to say they didnt think 1 % would make a difference than shame on us for beleiving their crock of bull. My 6th grader knows what 1% has the potential to do! Stupid should not be a good enough excuse. If stupid is your excuse than you should be labeled as a stupid frickin fool in the history books and pay the TARP funds and go to jail.

#24     Apr 18, 2010
  5. Wrong president. Clinton states he SHOULD HAVE fought for regulation even though he knew the f'n republicunts in congress would have never passed it.

As for the Bailouts:

You have the incorrect individuals. Try looking in the mirror and the guy who you voted for twice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Law_110-343
    Public Law 110-343 (Pub.L. 110-343, 122 Stat. 3765, enacted October 3, 2008) is an Act of Congress signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush, which was designed to mitigate the growing financial crisis of 2007–2010 by giving relief to so-called "Troubled Assets."

Obama auto bailout you say?

Again look in the mirror and the guy you voted for twice.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7791999.stm

Bush unveils $17.4bn car bail-out
    Bush: 'Bankruptcy would not be responsible'
    The US government has said it will provide $17.4bn (£11.6bn) in loans to help troubled carmakers General Motors and Chrysler survive.

Confusion and obfuscation of the facts do not help you. Only makes you look more silly than you really are.

edit: on second thought, check out this thread. I highlight your type of lunacy.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2808844#post2808844

#25     Apr 18, 2010
  6. The only thing more leveraged than the investments themselves was the bonuses earned per unit real work done.

Stupid is the sound bite to play for chumps who love "redemption" and "underdogs". Right now the politico's all playing for distance from the truth which suggests things are going to get quite a bit more ugly before they get better.

#26     Apr 18, 2010
  7. wmb

wmb

The best thing about many of the threads on ET is all the thumping about how smart one poster is to the next poster. The GS threads are the best with regards to who is dumber than the next! this particular thread does not disappoint. The day is truly entertaining when some wiseass thinks quoting Wikepedia gives him some sense of authority! IF you know what your talking about with regards to FAnnie Mac and Freddie and the community reinvestment act and GS you would not be smoking that crap that you just posted!. Get off the crack before your teeth fall out!

#27     Apr 18, 2010