Clinton on pace to win popular vote, despite losing election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tony Stark, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Domestic terrorists attacked The United States of America,it was Lincolns (The greatest man who ever lived) duty to respond.Lincoln got the most votes in both his elections as well.

#11     Nov 9, 2016
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Time to learn your history correctly...

"In the 1860 Election, Lincoln got a mere with less than 40 percent of the popular vote nationwide by carrying states above the Mason–Dixon line and north of the Ohio River, plus the states of California and Oregon in the Far West. This gave him the electoral college. Population increases in the free states had far exceeded those seen in the slave states for many years before the election of 1860, hence their dominance in the Electoral College."

"Unlike all of his predecessors, he did not carry even one slave-holding state, and he received no votes at all in ten of the fifteen slave states."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1860#Results

#12     Nov 9, 2016
  3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

I know my history my friend.I said the MOST votes,not the majority of votes.

[​IMG]

#13     Nov 9, 2016
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Most votes means a majority in context of talking about a U.S. election. I can only assume you are trying to be deliberately misleading.

#14     Nov 9, 2016
  5. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

No,most means exactly that,most.In the 1860 election Lincoln got the most votes as I stated.

#15     Nov 9, 2016
  6. And the stadium in Cleveland held more fans than the stadium in Chicago. The Indians still lost the series. Deal with it.

#16     Nov 9, 2016
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Misguided at best

#17     Nov 9, 2016
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

The will of the people is represented by the will of the states. This is The United States, not the United Peoples.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    #18     Nov 9, 2016
    cafeole likes this.
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Yes, the folks in California, New York and Illinois loved Hillary and elected her (according to your calculations). I say she should be president of Calinoisyork.

#19     Nov 9, 2016
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  10. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

The will of the people is represented by their votes.The people said they wanted Hillary as their President.

#20     Nov 9, 2016