Clinton Meltdown On Fox News

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Sep 25, 2006.

1. another liar.... i never said bush planned 9/11, he is way too stupid to even attempt such a sophisticated plan.

#31     Sep 26, 2006
  2. The former President came in with an attitude and was going to bust out the first chance he had. He's still fumeing over the ABC movie. Democrats really must get over this Fox news boggie man syndrome. It give them, Fox News, more credit than they deserve. They are no more, no less, partisian hacks similar to CNN and MSNBC. The "news" is not aired on the television. It's all opinion being passed off as news. The news is in print and one must wade through a mountain of bullshit to find it. Most people are too lazy for that. Consequently, the Kool-Aid drinkers on both sides dominate the discussion. The single thing the partisians can't get in their minds is, that this whole terrorism thing is a colossal fuck up going back decades spanning several administrations. How the hell they going to "fire up the base' admitting to that?

#32     Sep 26, 2006
  3. nitro

nitro

I saw the interview. While I don't think that Bill Clinton planned to get angry during the interview, I also think that he has conciously decided that if he is being treated "unfairly", not just by this network but by anyone else in the media, that he is going to speak his mind.

When asked if he would like his wife to run for prez or not, imo it seemed to me that part of the reason he has been so frustrated is that he may feel captive to what he says, lest maybe hurt his wife's chances.

Did Bill Clinton go a bit over the top during that interview? I think he did, but not overly so. He accepted the interview knowing full well what he was getting into and what he sais has probably been brewing in him for a long time.

Honestly, I think that if the part of him that likes to be in the spotlight became no longer important to him, and he concentrated his last few years in service doing exactly what he is doing now without the need for the spotlight, he could find happiness with just raising money for worthy causes.

I think Al Gore has learned that lesson better than Bill. Al interviews himself.

nitro

#33     Sep 26, 2006
  4. (Nora focuses on what was really important in the Clinton interview...his stockings)

Nora Ephron
    Bio
    Blog Index RSS
    Socks (295 comments )
    READ MORE: 9/11, 2006, Fox News, Al Gore, George W. Bush, War and Terror

What surprised me most about the Clinton meltdown yesterday was that no one told him to pull up his socks. This is a man who never goes anywhere without staff, lots of staff. Was there no one there to see that his pants were hiked up too high and his socks were pulled down too low and the flesh on his legs was showing?
    Can no one say things like this to the former POTUS?

So Bill Clinton was sandbagged by Chris Wallace. By Chris Wallace? And he lost it. And he wasted a television appearance - when he could have been talking about taking back Congress - talking about (no surprise) Bill Clinton. Poor Bill Clinton. The victim of Fox News, the media arm of the right-wing conspiracy. The man who went after Bin Laden and was accused of wagging the dog. "I tried," he said. I tried? How lame is that? I haven't been able to listen to that since the sixties, when Werner Erhard, of all people, became famous for demolishing that excuse. When people said "I tried" to Werner Erhard, he would put a glass on a table and say to them, "Try to pick that up."

How does it happen? How does one of the smartest men ever elected president end up sandbagged by Chris Wallace? Is this what one docudrama does to the guy? I don't think so. I'm afraid this is classic Clinton, Clinton the monologist, Clinton the guy who used to keep his White House houseguests up until 4 a.m. while he went on and on about what the press was doing to him. What a waste. On top of which: Clinton calls George Bush "43"? Is he so confused about his role in the Bush family constellation that he has adopted their nicknames for one another?

Clinton should simply have answered Wallace's question. He should have said that he went after Bin Laden and that if Al Gore had been elected (which he was) we probably would have killed him and 9/11 would never have happened. And then Clinton should have moved on to his real subject, which is not rescuing his legacy from his self-inflicted wounds, but helping elect a Democratic Congress in 2006. In fairness, he finally got the conversation around to that subject in the final minutes of his interview with Wallace.

But until then, it was only about Bill.

Come on, guy. Pull up your socks.
    Send to a friend
    Post a Comment
    Print Post
    Read all posts by Nora Ephron

#34     Sep 26, 2006
  5. it's funny to see the neocons attempting to shift focus onto clinton. 911 unambiguously happened with Bush at the helm. He was either too lazy or simply too bad at his job to READ his daily intelligence briefings, which offered specific, glaring and ample indications of a pending attack, not to mention multiple highly specific warnings from various foreign intel. whatever Bush's administration knew, they knew enough for Condi to warn Willy Brown not to fly the day before 911. His management of the threat was so incompetent, it almost looks like an act of complicity. History will likely reflect on Bush as committing the worst dereliction of duty in the history of the United States, which is no surprise because we all knew he had done the same in his duty to the country during the Vietnam war

and you guys will go down as the apologists. congratulations and i hope you're proud

#35     Sep 26, 2006
  6. Really? I saw the salient portions of the interview and I thought he found it. While news may seldom be presented anywhere in its purest form, Fox is notorious (dare I say outrageous?) for passing off blatant editorializing as news. It's nice to see that someone finally found the voice to say, "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!" So to speak.

#36     Sep 26, 2006
  7. fhl

fhl

Very proud, as a matter of fact. And, btw, I didn't realize the full extent of Clinton's culpability untill I saw 'path to 9-11.'

ps Who's going to write this history book you're talking about? Joe Wilson? Or maybe one of the 'scholars for 9-11 truth?

#37     Sep 26, 2006
  8. obviously the islamic extremist movement preceeded the Bush administration by decades. I don't know anyone who disputes that, but a president doesn't have the luxury of pointing to someone else. His duty was to protect the country, and his administration failed to protect us on that day in spite of fairly specific foreknowledge

Aschcroft stopped flying commercial arliners
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/07/26/national/main303601.shtml

On Sept 10th, pentagon leadership cancelled flights for the 11th based on received warnings. I don't have a link but this was discussed in Newsweek on both the 13th and 17th of Sept 2001

perhaps the father of Reaganomics and former Assistant Secretary of the US Treasury Paul Craig Roberts is writing the book, i don't know. who has to present the facts/how much time has to elapse for common sense to exceed partisanship?

because he was president, the ultimate responsibility to protect the country at that time belonged to George W Bush. Do you disagree?

#38     Sep 26, 2006
  9. just curious, which bin laden wired wtc7 with explosives. when did he do it and how did he get around security??? did clinton help him? was he in his cave? was this after surgery? was he on abramoffs gambling boat with the other suspects? how did he get norad to stand down? just a few questions we need to ask.

#39     Sep 26, 2006
  10. ZZZ,

That Olberman rant was hilarious. Did he actually say all that stuff or did you copy it from some parody site? Maybe he's angling for Press Secretary job in a Hillary administration, Certainly he can't expect to continue on MSNBC much longer with the 50,000 or so moonbats who tune in to him every night.

Actually, it occurs to me he and his fellow democrats are copying the largely successful approach of the islamic radicals. Go ballistic over the mildest criticism, accuse those who criticize you of being hate-filled thugs, and demand endless apologies.

Of course, it will fall pretty flat for anyone who actually saw the Clinton clip. The questions were fair and put forth respectfully, certainly with more respect than the mainstream media accords the current President. And Clinton put on an embarrassing display. Even Nora Ephron got it that Clinton spoiled the carefully timed media blitz over the National Intelligence Estimate leak.

Now the mainstream media will be forced to get back to the important campaign issues like where did Sen. George Allen learn "macaca" and when did he learn that his grandfather was Jewish?

#40     Sep 26, 2006