Clinton Backer Says Obama Only Winning Because He's Black

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Clinton-backer Ferraro: Obama Where He Is Because He's Black
    March 11, 2008 7:30 AM

Clinton campaign finance committee member, former vice presidential candidate, and former Rep. Geraldine Ferraro, D-NY, told the Daily Breeze of Torrance, Ca., that, "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

Of Clinton, Ferraro said that the press "has been uniquely hard on her. It's been a very sexist media. Some just don't like her. The others have gotten caught up in the Obama campaign."

"I was reading an article that said young Republicans are out there campaigning for Obama because they believe he's going to be able to put an end to partisanship. Dear God! Anyone that has worked in the Congress knows that for over 200 years this country has had partisanship - that's the way our country is."

Yikes!

h/t to Mike Allen

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/03/clinton-backer.html

2. I guess the gloves have really come off. Hillary sends one of her top surrogates out to say what everyone knows is true, but it will cause jaws to drop anyway. If Obama was white, he would be John Edwards. An attractive guy with no experience who began running for president the day he arrived in the Senate.

The fun thing is we have several weeks of this to go until the Pennsylvania primary. Will Obama respond in kind? He certainly could do so convincingly. If her name was Hillary Rodham, she would be a mid level lawyer working in some Chicago law firm or maybe a non-profit.

Tough choice for him. Stay above the fray or show her he can hit back? The 3 AM telephone call ad was ridiculed but it seemed to hurt him with voters. I don't think it was any coincidence that this attack came on the heels of Obama mocking her offer of the VP slot.

3. Yeah. Those black folks get all the breaks.

I hope Hillary gets drunk at a party and Teddy drives her home. What a slug.

4. You must be an old timer, flytiger. Mary Jo RIP.

5. I'd expect an Obama backer to return the favor and explain that the only reason Mondale won Minnesota in 1980 what because he had this broad on his ticket. I love watching the Democrats.

6. Somebody in Obama's troupe played the race card in the lead-up to South Carolina and it's been paying off ever since. After all the Clintons have done to promote equality Hillary must feel betrayed.

In the big contest the black vote is a given for the Dems so Obama won't have a race card to play.

And when is he going to get somebody to write him another speech. We've been hearing the same 3 speeches word-for-word for months and it's getting boring. Is there anything to this guy?

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

NO!

But the sheeple sure seem to like him.

8. Actually, this ought to play right into Bamb's wheel house.

The “establishment” claims “this is the way it always has been, so this is the way it always will be.”

Obama says “we can do better!”

9. TGregg

TGregg

Looks who's talking. The only reason everybody knows who this broad is, is because Mondale picked her as his running mate. And a big part of that was due to her gender.

#10     Mar 12, 2008