Climategate: McIntyre and the ‘Divergence Problem’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Don't keep us in suspense, tell us how.

#21     Dec 15, 2009
  2. TGregg

TGregg

Liberals and science is like oil and water, they don't mix. Whether it's a global warming scam or repeating mindless urban legends that are obviously false, liberal ignorance is enormous:

#22     Dec 15, 2009
  3. Ricter

Ricter

I'm on ignore? I'm devastated.

Not. I knew that.

Anyway, your own snip (I sure say this to you a lot), points out that the calculations to arrive at that were incomplete.

How about that, you supported my point.

#23     Dec 15, 2009
  4. He states melting ice means the earth is getting hotter.

The article clearly states that the Swiss glaciers melted more when it was cooler. Therefore the argument is bogus. Its not too hard to comprehend.

#24     Dec 15, 2009
  5. That's a pretty complex argument, that one glacier melted under specific anomolous conditions therefore global ice melting under different conditions disproves something else.

I'd like to hear a longer explanation.

#25     Dec 15, 2009
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Assuming we can extrapolate what happened in Switzerland those years to the whole planet...

I accept that other factors besides the big two, water vapor and CO2, can warm a region or a planet.

#26     Dec 15, 2009
  7. [​IMG]

Here is the data for the last 5.5 Million years. Where is this great big spike that you always here about?

We always hear how todays climate is unprecedented. I certainly can't tell by this graph. Can someone point it out to me? Or is the claim a bunch of bullshit?

#27     Dec 15, 2009
  8. We can't discuss it Dave. You have clearly stated before that you do not believe in solar variation. According to you the Sun plays no role. End of story.

#28     Dec 15, 2009
  9. This from a Bush apologist?

#29     Dec 15, 2009
  10. Yes, that's why conservatives and evolution go hand in hand. It's also why conservative interests saw no connection between smoking and cancer, along with a host of other ailments. The intellectual integrity is breathtaking.

#30     Dec 15, 2009