Climate scientists struggle to explain warming slowdown

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Banjo, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Max E.

Max E.

That reminds me of a fishing trip i went on one time in northern Canada, the weather channells all predicted 90% chance of severe rain and severe thundershowers, for all the days we were up there, and it was only supposed to be like 20 degrees celsius, we debated whether or not to even show up, as all we had was a booking and a 10% deposit, and no one wanted to pay to sit in a cabin the whole week. After lots of debate we decided just to go, and possibly leave early if the weather was bad.

We got up there and didnt see a cloud for the entire week, and on top of that it was 35 celsius roughl;y 100 fahrenheit for the entire week, without a breath of wind , a lot of people must have cancelled because we would go into the dining hall every day and we were the only ones there when usually it is jam packed, so we got A+ service the whole time we were there, by the time we were driving home the next sunday, they were issuing fire bans for the entire north western part of Canada, because of the heat and dryness...... And these are the assholes who want us to think they know whats going to happen a decade or even a century from now, if anyone was wrong as much as these guys are they wouldnt have a job. :D

#11     Apr 17, 2013
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

If I fucked up my job as often as they do theirs I'd been dead a long time ago.

The average meteorologist and climatologist couldn't accurately forecast what time of day it will be - this same time tomorrow.

#12     Apr 17, 2013
  3. Max E.

Max E.

:D

#13     Apr 17, 2013
  4. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I wish I could get a job where I'm wrong 97% of the time.... and still stay employed.

#14     Apr 17, 2013
  5. pspr

pspr

Apply for a government grant. 3% correct is a major accomplishment in the eyes of government.

#15     Apr 17, 2013