climate question

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optional, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Good that just means my coke's will go flat slower.

#41     Dec 11, 2009
  2. :D Look in the mirror buddy I'm not the one that cries myself to sleep at night and wets the bed dreaming co2 is going to end life on earth.

#42     Dec 11, 2009
  3. [​IMG]

Here is the graph for you to see first hand. Draw your own conclusions from it.

They do a lot of ice core work at Vostok Station. Check it out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vostok_Station

#43     Dec 11, 2009
  4. That graph is backwards, doesn't measure temperature, and has a variety of different axis and axis labels.

What a mess!

#44     Dec 11, 2009
  5. Classic "W". Not working well these days. I'd go short CO2.

#45     Dec 11, 2009

6. Some people will never get it.

#46     Dec 11, 2009
  7. India, which ranks fifth in the world in carbon dioxide emissions, pledged last week to slow the growth of its emissions significantly over the next decade.

"We are a country in a mess, but I think we have the financial technical and technological means to climb out of this mess. And there is a sliver of hope that we will," said Bittu Sahgal, editor of Sanctuary Asia, an environmental magazine.

The country faces a host of hurdles: powerful state governments that often clash with the central government, a deeply entrenched bureaucracy and little history of conservation.

Sitting near the Yamuna's bank, Mohan Lal, 61, said he's seen personal attitudes to the environment changing and has himself grown more concerned about littering.

"Slowly and steadily, people are realizing these things have to be taken care of," he said.

Then he took a long sip from his tea, swung his arm and threw the plastic cup into the brush.

That just about sums it up. U.S. is expected to do it all while the rest go along business as usual.

#47     Dec 11, 2009
  8. Who's Mohan Lal?

#48     Dec 11, 2009
  9. Would you like to explain the significance of the graph?

#49     Dec 11, 2009
  10. Mnphats

Mnphats

So you admit they manipulated data intentionally?

The public and other scientist can decide for themselves thanks.

#50     Dec 11, 2009