climate question

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optional, Dec 9, 2009.

1. So can anyone explain the science behind my initial question?

#31     Dec 10, 2009
  2. If you refine your question a bit, you are more likely to get an answer. Are you talking time scales of 1000 years? 10000 years, a million, a hundred million? I'm sure that the time frame will have a bearing on the type of proxy data that is used for climate reconstruction.

#32     Dec 10, 2009
  3. Someone told me that the ice cores showed either CO2 level increases that used to take hundreds of thousands of years and showed that they were occuring now in only hundreds of years. Something like that. How that proves anytthing I'm not sure but if anyone knows what I'm babbling about please full in the blanks.

#33     Dec 10, 2009
  4. maxpi

maxpi

Is that the one where the rotting bastards would not release the raw data but some guy got it after TEN YEARS of trying?

I was reading Discover magazine this morning. So there is this article about how they found flesh on a dinosaur bone that is supposedly 80 million years old!! Some twat they were quoting says "it was thought to be impossible that flesh could last that long but there it is"... no shit, what great science, they believe their theories in the face of the most incredibly damning evidence.. same goes for bigDave, assuming he actually believes anything he says..

#34     Dec 11, 2009
  5. dsq

dsq

ignorance is bliss for an idiot...the truth hurts so bury your head and pray to your fictitious deity and all will be better.

#35     Dec 11, 2009
  6. Okay, once again, there was no decline. The real temperature measurements showed an increase. Proxy measurements were erroneous after about 1960.

Why they were erroneous has already been studied and the data and results were published in Nature magazine a decade ago.

So it gives the lie to the thought that the data was "hidden."

#36     Dec 11, 2009
  7. Tell us, specifically, what type of data you would like and I will provide links to it so that you can provide your analysis.

#37     Dec 11, 2009
  8. euclid

euclid

Saw a climate scientist on the telly giving some data from ice cores. He said:

The highest pre-industrial CO2 levels measured in 750,000 years of ice cores is 290ppm. When coming out of the last 8 ice ages, it took 1000 years for CO2 to rise 30ppm. CO2 now is 382ppm, it rose 30ppm in the last 17 years.

#38     Dec 11, 2009

9. perhaps someday they'll release their "data" so a "consensus" can be developed! "tree ring data", LMFAO

yes, world wide government should be established based on Tree Ring Data! Climatology has now replaced Scientology as the largest religoius scam ever perpetrated on mankind.

I've been saying this for years ... the true aim of these zealots. I'm not a savant, I just had the good fortune to have taken a couple ecology courses in college taught by left-wing,extremist-marxists. Their aims are pretty clear.

The real inconvenient truth
    The whole world needs to adopt China's one-child policy
    http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=2314438

These sick bastards would like to put Mao, Stalin, et al, to shame

#39     Dec 11, 2009
  10. euclid

euclid

A picture helps.

[​IMG]

#40     Dec 11, 2009