climate question

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optional, Dec 9, 2009.

1. LOL. Are you serious?

#21     Dec 10, 2009
  2. Of course he is bloody serious. If you want to measure temperature would you rather do it with a thermometer, or try to infer it from the width of tree rings? Hmmm.... I wonder which would be more reliable.

#22     Dec 10, 2009
  3. I would rather play tricks with the data and hide the decline. That seems more suitable.

#23     Dec 10, 2009
  4. Hmmm, you don't know what I do for a living and I haven't been to church in over 25 years. You are wrong once again.

Anyone who believes in science would be appalled at the pseudo-science that is MMGW.

#24     Dec 10, 2009
  5. When science claims the debates over on AGW , disaster is imminent and
    "God"is a fairy tale I'll gladly remain ignorant.

If science continues to hang it's collective hat on an AGW disaster, it will set it's reputation back hundreds of years.

#25     Dec 10, 2009
  6. If you want a real laugh look up James Hansen's 1988 Congressional testimony. He made a bunch of predictions that were completely off the mark. The MMGW cult claims that it is settled science. Well, why are the predictions of the settled science so screwed up. Its a complete joke and anything but science.

[​IMG]

#26     Dec 10, 2009
  7. There is no decline to hide.

You want a glimpse of what is in store climate wise for the next couple of years, take a look at at the southern hemisphere as El Nino kicks in.

Australia has had it's hottest winter/spring on record. Just look at the mean maximum temperature anomaly for November. For most of SE Australia, it is 4C higher than the 1961-1990 mean. In large areas 6C. These are big, big numbers. It has been unremittingly hot and Summer has only just started - and we are currently at the minimum of the short term solar cycle.

#27     Dec 10, 2009
  8. BS like this makes the end of the world 2012 sound rational.

#28     Dec 10, 2009
  9. So you are saying the Australian Bureau of Meteorology is falsifying the data? What was that you were saying about rationality?

It illustrates how the natural weather cycles (such as El Nino) are superimposed on the longer term warming trend to produce new highs.

#29     Dec 10, 2009

10. 1) I don't automatically assume that has any predictive power.

2) I don't care even if it does.

#30     Dec 10, 2009