CLIMATE CHANGE ... And What It Means To Me ...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FeenixRizin, Sep 25, 2009.

1. I'll start....

Where's my pitchfork ...

2. I'm hoping for some well thought out responses ... This thread could be in the Smithsonian someday.

3. maxpi

maxpi

I'm an expert on change, I used to hustle it when I was a lot younger... but the climate.. wow.. I was working on my own climate models here but it was too large in scope so I reduced it to weather prediction models.. upon failing with that one I further reduced it to predicting the closing price of the next YM five minute bar... then that proved difficult so I reduced that to predicting just the direction of the close relative to the close of the previous bar and on a good day I'm running as high as 50% correct on that one...

I'm [more than] a little confused about the environmentalists.. intriguing bunch they are... they are very concerned about global warming [that was the term for climate change before the recent cooling trend] but they also work very hard behind the scenes to stop efforts to fight forest fires.. they sue and won't allow people to build roads for firefighting or use the resources at all, and they let the national forests burn all the time... Yellowstone went up in smoke and killed Bambi's mom ten thousand times over while they were lobbying so we couldn't use a leaf blower.. privately owned forests never, ever burn... the owners clear the brush... so what's up with all that s^$t? Is there a plan afoot to herd us all into cities and only allow Marijuana farms in the National Forests perhaps? If that is the case then I'm going to start an internet alerting service for the best spots that are downwind from forest fires...