Climate Alarmists Own Words Debunk Their Science

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 28, 2013.

1. This is just plain crazy. To suggest that literally thousands of different temperature recordings on land in the ocean, in the ice, and from satellites have been "fixed" making them ALL show the same trend is just plain fucking nuts.

And you nitwits keep repeating the same tired, totally debunked E-mail thing. Multiple investigations have cleared him of any wrong doing. But of course in your paranoid deluded mind we can't trust anyone. Except Anthony Watts that is. LOL.

#41     Mar 2, 2013
  2. But CO2 can also lead warming. It's doing it now. And it's done it in the past. It's a greenhouse gas so if it goes up temps will follow. Why is this common sense simple concept so difficult for some?

There is a recent study that shows that actually there was no lag at all but that CO2 and temps went up and down in lock step. Like it's doing now. The 800 year lag was a problem of aligning the ice data.

#42     Mar 2, 2013
  3. pspr

pspr

You know some of the data has been fudged to use a nice term. Your belief in AGW is not supported by science and you are a fool to believe it yourself.

#43     Mar 2, 2013
  4. sle

sle

Funny. So I clicked on the first paper in "featured" section that caught my eye, simply because they use PCA which I happen to use too as an analysis tool. The paper actually thoroughly presents the data and the improved methodology, as a good science paper should. However, their conclusions are consistent with prior data (as in "it is getting warmer around here") a;beit with different localisations and means. Did they think nobody is actually going to read the papers they are reviewing?

PS. If I just wanted a list of papers on climate change, there is a good review in Nature Geophysics from last year :)

#44     Mar 2, 2013
  5. And your chart is wrong. CO2 contributes about 20%. I suggest you start looking at NOAA. Or are you so crazy as to think they are also frauds?

http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cmb-faq/globalwarming.html

"A simplified summary is that about 50% of the greenhouse effect is due to water vapour, 25% due to clouds, 20% to CO2, with other gases accounting for the remainder."

http://www.newscientist.com/article...2-isnt-the-most-important-greenhouse-gas.html

#45     Mar 2, 2013
  6. I'm beginning to think you are simply insane.

#46     Mar 2, 2013

7. Good luck arguing with these crazies sle. I've done the same thing as you and looked at their "science papers" and videos and like you I found them wanting to say the least. The one I looked at tried to deny that CO2 was even a greenhouse gas. The video they trumpet is an outright proven fraud.

#47     Mar 2, 2013
  8. pspr

pspr

That's just wrong. And, clouds are a net negative on global warming. Any fool knows that. Bad data gives you bad results.

But, who gives a shit. CO2 has been climbing steadily since warming stopped 17 years ago. Your analysis of what has caused the warming last century is bogus.

Go back and read some of the scientists saying how they lied about the science in my OP. And quit being so stupid.

#48     Mar 2, 2013
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

I've known that about you for months now.

#49     Mar 2, 2013
  10. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I can agree with your statement above.

I will note that the warming and cooling of the earth goes in naturally cycles - just as it has for thousands of years before man even showed up on the earth.

The current trend is warming - but the trend is slight - under a degree over a large number of decades which is well within the standard deviation of normal temperature change. However the trend is about to reverse - 40 years from now everyone will be wondering why all these people were making a ruckus over global warming.

From a human perspective, we should focus on scientific efforts on how to adapt to natural changes in the climate. The reality is that global cooling is much more a threat than global warming to mankind. Some of the most productive periods of human existence have been warmer centuries.

#50     Mar 2, 2013