Clicked 3 threads and got 3 virus alerts

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by r-in, May 5, 2004.

1. newbunch

newbunch

Every night, my AntiVirus runs automatically. I just went into the logs to see it. View --> View log files --> Virus scan. I don't know why there are no logs for the real time protection.

#11     May 5, 2004
  2. #12     May 5, 2004
  3. alanm

alanm

I, too, get 2-3 warnings on every ET page for the last couple of days (possibly since my last McAfee update on Saturday). Today, the files involved look like:

C:\Documents and Settings\Alan\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\CPERS9AJ\forumdisplay[1].php\00000e6d.js

Yesterday, it was referring to ...count[1].js\count.js

Again, it's complaining that this is "Exploit-MhtRedir.gen".

{Edit:
    Posting this message, it complained about ...newreply[2].php\000010a0.js . There must be some common code that ET is using that looks (or is?) dangerous}.

#13     May 5, 2004
  4. I just received this same Trojan Virus warning from my McAfee just because I logged-into ET. I didn't even click on my e-mail or go to a post or a Forum for that matter.

Nothing else was up and running besides IE and ET.

This has been happening a lot lately, ever since about 2 weeks ago.

#14     May 5, 2004
  5. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

I am seeing this Trojan on the ET site for the first time today. I was not seeing it yesterday. Nobody wants to have scripting code forcefully loaded & executed on their machine (against their will) to support re-directs and pop-up advertsing.... I expect it is some of the associated ET advertising that is causing this issue.

Can the ET owners take a look at the problem and eliminate the root cause.

Thanks,

- Greg

#15     May 5, 2004
  6. You and me too, Waggie. I been getting hit regularly. Trojan virus.

Help, Baron!

#16     May 5, 2004
  7. GGSAE

GGSAE

Maybe you guys should consider using Mozillla Firefox instead of IE. Couldn't hurt?

#17     May 20, 2004
  8. gaj

gaj

i use opera (when viewing ET), and on opera, i have java / javascript on, but all outside plug-ins and popups off. i have NOT received the redirect virus from ET with those parameters.

(and i did get it in my cache from a baseball site).

#18     May 20, 2004
  9. Funny I use BOTH IE and Firebird and I NEVER have gotten ONE virus alert or have had ANY problems with ANY thread or ANY post here.

I use a real-time virus scammer AND web-based one...

Isn't that funny. :p

go figure.

#19     May 20, 2004
  10. I had nothing but problems with IE....including virus and browser hi-jack problems.

All problems 100% gone....not one situation since I switched to Firefox. You will never regret it. I run AVG, Adaware, and Zonealarm and all sweeps come up squeaky clean. Elite Trader surfs clean, no problems.

#20     May 21, 2004