Clemency bid denied for gang killer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optionpro007, Dec 12, 2005.

1. I think it is lethal injection. I would prefer they would die the same way their victims died as that would be more fitting, plus it would help the TV ratings. :D

#21     Dec 12, 2005
  2. I disagree with your statement.

I would like to see which statistics you are looking at.

Still, life is precious, and if someone takes it away, they should not be entitled to one, even if it is in jail.

Not to mention us having to pay for their room and board while they write books...?

#22     Dec 12, 2005
  3. cable

cable

Basted?

#23     Dec 12, 2005
  4. Pabst

Pabst

Bingo. Of course libs will use words like "primitive" when describing society's desire for revenge.

It takes a truly special person to commit murder. None of us can even imagine what it would take for us to shoot a family to death in a robbery. Most people find it imposing to throw the first punch in a fight.

Those who kill wantonly, especially in the commission of another crime must die for their actions. They must never be allowed to kill again. It's a travesty for a killer to outlive his victim by decades.

I doubt it's a huge deterrent because most violent criminals are so delusional they believe they're beyond the reach of the law anyway. To those who think prison is a worse punishment then death, get real. If so, then why do so few refuse appeal? Fry 'em.

#24     Dec 12, 2005
  5. Pabst

Pabst

Until the 1960's the duration between the crime and the chair could be as little as a year.

#25     Dec 12, 2005
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Key word here being, all.

#26     Dec 12, 2005
  7. Bambino

Bambino

Who are we to take a life?
    Killing a killer makes it right? It's like screwing for virginity

#27     Dec 12, 2005
  8. BSAM

BSAM

This was before the "lawyer invasion" of the USA.

#28     Dec 12, 2005
  9. I wonder what the guards out there think. Did Tookie keep a lid on troubles in the system?

I'd grant it, I think. Judging the guy since conviction what I read says he's a candidate for mercy. Definetly I would have on that Tucker case in Texas that Bush had as governor.

I don't see that it makes Arnold or then gov. Bush soft on crime to deny a hair less than 100% on death-clemency bids. Would make them more of a man and less a politician in my eyes.

Geo.

#29     Dec 12, 2005
  10. Pabst

Pabst

Tookie was a thug who tried to play the system with the reformed sympathy card. He never once admitted his crime or took responsibility. Fuck Tookie.

#30     Dec 12, 2005