CLEARING -not to discuss firms but understanding what INFORMATION they have

Discussion in 'Trading' started by REDP1800, Dec 17, 2018.

1. REDP1800

REDP1800

Let's all work together and discuss what exactly does a clearing firm or clearing member have at their disposal and how can it be used against you? Think outside of the BOX. Outside of what you have been told. DIG INTO that fine print on your account forms. Stocks or Futures.
    Why is it they sell order flow when you pay commission
    why is it they use other firms to execute your trades
    what exactly do they know about the counterparty to their trades- get it thir trades not yours!! do you know anything about YOUR counterparty? NOPE, but due to what they call counter party risk they want to know everything about you and your trade almost instantaneously- so what does that really mean? and what is BLOCKING? beign able ot not counter party trade with certain fcm or participants.. does this mean if you go stop running you do not "HIT" other members orders..just retail?
    This is survival and we should have answers...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  2. REDP1800

REDP1800

If I am wrong then why do these types of companies exist..because legally you need layers to make it very difficult for the average retail trader to understand what is going on..

POST TRADE PROCESSING...You have to wonder if yu see teh order flow coming in and you get in front of it and then you can see the roder flow after the trades have been done bu tnot closed then you can really paint a nice picture for yourself as to what and where the market is headed. Annonymous trading especially for the retail little guy does not exist.

3. T-Mex

T-Mex Guest

NEX is the real deal and was bought by CME.

4. REDP1800

REDP1800

what do you mean by real deal?not new that it was bought by the cme? but whtis the purpose?

5. T-Mex

T-Mex Guest

Part of the 'club'.
    Market surveillance isn't created to benefit of those not in the club.
    And as you say, the markets are not anonymous.

6. REDP1800

REDP1800

COOL.agreed thanks for your input.

7. qlai

qlai

Survival depends on adopting to current environment, not trying to change the environment. Why are you obsessed with these things?

Visaria and Robert Morse like this.
  8. REDP1800

REDP1800

That is pretty insightful. I guess because the more I learn the more I understand what is coming down the pipe and how to possibly scale size with an understanding of what will be required to be successful with large size. which is a membership lease. not even from a standpoint of commissions but from a participation and fill standpoint.

9. qlai

qlai

Oh they gonna love you. If you think you are being adverse selected now, wait until you start muddying waters over there :)

10. REDP1800

REDP1800

so wait you think your trade after being matched isn't sent to the counterparty immediately? of course it is..and adverse selection.. it happens

#10     Dec 17, 2018