Clear Mission In Afghanistan Eludes Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trvlwanderer, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Nope. I meant that about everything, not just some aspect of some war venue.

#11     Sep 8, 2009
  2. ...................................................

Perfectly stated....

And has set back generations of Americans....

And yet....

There is no clear plan....

For any category....

So what does this suggest....?

To re-establish manufacturing is 20+years....

And this will not happen until the govt. reduces its size dramatically....

And...so when is this happening ?

Reset button....

#12     Sep 8, 2009
  3. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, do you really believe these "end-of-the-world" statements?

#13     Sep 8, 2009
  4. Do you actually think I meant day to day objectives? Are you trying to distort or are you just ignorant of the way a president should set military objectives?

#14     Sep 8, 2009
  5. I don't think that will disrupt terrorist activities boots on the ground seems to be the only answer for the time being. No one has ever had a coherent strategy in Afghanistan, the British, the Russians or the present coalitions plans seem to evolve on a weekly basis its just that kind of war.

#15     Sep 8, 2009
  6. I am troubled by wars in which no one can define victory. If we can't define it, how do we know when it's time to come home?

The idea that victory means a stable democratic afghanistan is a pipe dream. We will never leave if that is the criterion because it will never happen. Even if we could achieve it, is it worth the cost in lives and money? Preventing al qaeda and the taliban from being there sounds good, but I'm not sure what it achieves. They are next door in pakistan, undermining a nuclear-armed failed state, and there is little we can do about it.

The more I look at this situation, the more it reminds me of vietnam. We have a tough determined adversary, with apparently unlimited supplies of both fighters and munitions, with a neighboring safe haven from which to operate. The country we are supposed to be protecting is corrupt and its own citizens don't seem too eager to fight, at least not against the taliban.

I predict congress will support the war as long as a democrat is in the White house. If a republican takes over, they will do just what they did in vietnam and try their best to cause a humiliating defeat.

#16     Sep 8, 2009
  7. Hell getting colder all the time. Afganistan is not worth one more American life. Pull all the troops out and use high-tech to kill the bad guys as needed.

#17     Sep 8, 2009
  8. I agree since Obama is incompetent and can't be trusted to lead the War efforts.

We should leave asap.

John

#18     Sep 8, 2009