"Clean" U4 & Disclosures

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ItermBonds, Jan 15, 2009.

1. This question really pertains more to those of us who work in the operations, logistics, etc. of the industry as opposed to the independent or prop folks. Given the devastation that has occured over the last 12 months and now the re-org and emergence of FINRA so to speak I was hoping to get some input.

Now I did dig up some really old threads and its obvious that you can go through the U4 process getting your securities licenses WITH a bankruptcy. But the dynamics now have completely changed.

For starters, all I see now for securities related job listing requirements is you MUST have a clean U4. What exactly is a "clean" U4? Does this mean you can not have any kind of disclosure issues whatsoever including financial/credit related??

If you had filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy seven years ago, would you not be inclined to just wait out say another few years so you do not have to disclose this.

I guess what I am trying to get at is, on one hand filling out the U4 and obtaining securities licenses will enable you to climb the proverbial ladder for other opportunities. However if you have previous credit or financial problem/issues, just how far will you really get??