Classic trading books

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Bankedout, Nov 27, 2003.

1. I'm looking for a list of some older books on trading/investing/speculating. Some classics like Reminiscences would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Banker

2. Nothing? I even emailed John Wiley & Sons, Inc. I didn't hear from them either. When I bought "Reminiscences" and "The Battle for Investment Survival" they are both published by Wiley as part of their Wiley Investment Classics series. You would think this would include more than 2 books!

I thought some of you had shelves and shelves of books. Surely some of them must be classics?

Can anyone hook a brother up?

Banker

3. pspr

pspr

4. Thank you very much. This is exactly what I am after! If anyone wants to add to this list, that would be great.

Thanks again,

Banker

5. When to Sell -Mamis
    Common Stocks and Uncommn Profits - Fisher
    Filtered Waves Basic Theory - Merrill
    Technical Analysis and stock market profits- Shabacker
    The Dow Theory- Rhea
    My own story- baruch
    Speculation as fine art- Watts
    New Blueprints for Gains In Stocks and Grains &
    One Way Formula for Trading in Stocks and Commodities, William Dunnigan
    A Course in Trading-Mack

Toby Crabel
    These are some I would add to that list
    Prentice Hall has published a Traders' Masterclass series. You may want to have a look at it.

6. Thank you EasyGuru! I own "When to Sell" and have read "My Own Story". The rest I will look into. I'm also going to check out the Prentice Hall tip.

Thanks again,

Banker

7. Traders' Masterclass series has, I think five books . I have them but will have to dig them out.

8. ig0r

ig0r

What kind of stuff does Rhea cover in his book? Didn't he revise the dow theory?

9. I found them. Fraser is the name: http://www.fraserbooks.com/

I'll be checking out their titles.

Banker

10. The September issue of Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities has a list of classic trading books on page 120 and 121. Too many to list

#10     Nov 30, 2003