"Classic" IB tech support

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by syswizard, Mar 14, 2007.

1. There's no use to deny IB's service sucks.

#11     Mar 14, 2007
  2. That wasn't nice...you must be stressed and thus should quit trading for a while.
    Many of the other posts concur with me:
    "There's no use to deny IB's service sucks."

#12     Mar 14, 2007
  3. Actually, Sanjuro's right.

This is good tech support. You asked a question and without hesitation or equivocation they gave you an answer.

Well done IB.

#13     Mar 14, 2007
  4. A simple yes or no answer seems like an ideal answer.....especially to a question which makes it obvious you're not familiar with TWS or it's functions. Like you were told, market scanner has been available for quite some time.

What exactly would have been better? You want your ass kissed?

OldTrader

#14     Mar 14, 2007
  5. GTC

GTC

Which department's IB CSRs do you think need the most improvements?

#15     Mar 15, 2007
  6. I have some names, but I'll take the positive spin of this question instead. :)

I've gotten fantastic support from the Japanese team (if you "chat" at 8pm Pacific Time or so, you get them), Aiko in particular went above and beyond. Aimee is also pretty helpful and patient.

As other posters have pointed out, you can't expect hand holding from IB. My support requests are limited to bugs and "inconsistencies" on their web site. When I find a bug, I'd like it to be acknowledged and (eventually) fixed, rather than bounced back at me with a smart ass answer.

#16     Mar 15, 2007
  7. Arnie

Arnie

Would it be possible to have it so that I can scan for stocks based on their relative volume? I would like to scan for stocks that are trading at x times their normal (60-90 day average) volume. Thanks

#17     Mar 15, 2007
  8. Thanks, and that is good news....but again, this was not communicated by your support people. It appears not everyone is on the same page there....indicating poor communication of technical info.
    (Note: only geeks in California or Washington state can get away with that !)

#18     Mar 15, 2007
  9. Bob111

Bob111

here is classic-in email below i wrote that after i upgrade to java 1.6 -option to make GTD order from TWS just gone. damn button just disappear. only options are DAY or GTC
    that mean i can't do that no matter what version of TWS i was using. here is respond from IB-

here is my email-
    btw-still have same problem regardless to TWS version. and what happends with build 867? i see 866 and then 868. nothing in between

#19     Mar 15, 2007
  10. dst

dst Interactive Brokers

This feature is currently not supported; however it seems like a great idea, would you please submit it via our suggestion box? Thank you!

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/general/poll/poll.php#list

#20     Mar 15, 2007