Class Warfare Hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnie Guitar, Feb 6, 2010.

1. 151

No, I do not. But I do believe that the military also knows this and they react accordingly with the philosophy the military is famous for.

That cannot be said, as far as I know, for most sectors of the government.

#11     Feb 6, 2010
  2. Without knowing the specifics of your retirement benefits and funding, the general tone of your post is FULL OF SHIT nationwide to include all fed ,state and county employees/ future retirees.

1) The ability to retire at age 49 is relatively rare for those in the private sector especially going forward with the demise of pensions.

The demise of pensions in the private sector fully reflects the fiscal unsustainable nature of the guaranteed pension system.

To the extent that govt workers have been shielded from the fiscal realities thus far only underlines the fact that govt operates at the expense of the tax payer. Govt pay & bennnies is only limited by the essentially unilateral contract (threat) of force or violence on the public vs cooperative contract in the private sector.

2) Pensions that pay an income stream 50-60% (and more) of pre- retirement salary would require a huge asset base of fixed (safe securities).
    It's not sustainable in the private sector without huge savings rates nor is it sustainable for the sheer volume of govt workers now employed.

3) The demise of unsustainable lucrative govt pensions is inevitable.
    Implied promises will not be kept. I've seen govt workers all get raises of 8% in one year, and 30% of those same workers get laid off 6 months later.

Early on I recognized the promises of future leisure and reward were going to be highly uncertain in their arrival or duration.

I congratulate you on making a wise career choice and you do deserve what you were promised contractually.

You do need to come to grips with the likely reality that for the work you performed you reaped far higher returns than your private cohort and that situation writ large cannot continue.

#12     Feb 6, 2010
  3. Right now our military is famous for not finding Bin Laden...

Any other brilliant statements you want to make?

#13     Feb 6, 2010