Class Warfare at OWS!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

+1

I always watch Maher, and I probably watch MSNBC as much as any other news channel, Sharpton and Ed Schultz are particularly good at making my blood boil, but id rather watch them then the right wing equivalent like Hannity. :D

#11     Nov 18, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

*Applause*

#12     Nov 18, 2011
  3. Apparently watching anything out of his element is beyond RCG. Which explains a lot.

#13     Nov 19, 2011
  4. Errr, just like a rightie to make ridiculous claims. I listen Rush....RUSH!!!!! Whenever I can, I need to know what the nutbirds are thinking.

#14     Nov 19, 2011
  5. Just reacting to your bewilderment.

#15     Nov 19, 2011
  6. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentis...ocking-truth-about-crackdown-occupy?fb=optOut

The mainstream media was declaring continually "OWS has no message". Frustrated, I simply asked them. I began soliciting online "What is it you want?" answers from Occupy. In the first 15 minutes, I received 100 answers. These were truly eye-opening.

The No 1 agenda item: get the money out of politics. Most often cited was legislation to blunt the effect of the Citizens United ruling, which lets boundless sums enter the campaign process. No 2: reform the banking system to prevent fraud and manipulation, with the most frequent item being to restore the Glass-Steagall Act – the Depression-era law, done away with by President Clinton, that separates investment banks from commercial banks. This law would correct the conditions for the recent crisis, as investment banks could not take risks for profit that create kale derivatives out of thin air, and wipe out the commercial and savings banks.

No 3 was the most clarifying: draft laws against the little-known loophole that currently allows members of Congress to pass legislation affecting Delaware-based corporations in which they themselves are investors.

When I saw this list – and especially the last agenda item – the scales fell from my eyes. Of course, these unarmed people would be having the shit kicked out of them.

#16     Nov 26, 2011
  7. Mav88

Mav88

#3 would do absolutely nothing about the shrinking middle class, it might be a good idea but it is so small of an economic issue that nothing would happen if made true

#2 Congress just passed the most sweeping set of rules ever

#1 One of those useless slogans with no practical translation into reality. It takes money to run a governement and the most powerful lobbies are typically unions and old folks who are never going to give up power in a democracy. George Soros anyone?

style over substance, a common theme within the intellectual left.

"we are mad but we will tell you why later after we figure out a palatible way to explain it"

#17     Nov 27, 2011