CLass action against FED

Discussion in 'Trading' started by kashirin, Aug 10, 2007.

1. kashirin

kashirin

Thanks,
    that's exaclty what I meant.
    I haven't lost anyhing. I made some money being long and short
    but this market is not free, it's manipulated to favor just one group doesn't matter how stupid they are

But what interesting - people here even didn't try to understand the meaning of my post - to illustrate today manipulation
    And instead of that teaching and yelling how stupid I'm and how I can't trade. Pathetic:eek:

#11     Aug 10, 2007

2. Who the hell shorts the market down 30 points....just a foolish trade IMO!

#12     Aug 10, 2007
  3. doesn't really matter, there's always a counterparty right?

when the banks recovered their cash problems, etc due to fed intervention, if they bought any eq futs as a result, those counterparties got kind of screwed, whoever they were

you could also argue that if fed intervention supports stock markets, investors are also getting screwed in an economy where bad decisions are systemically reinforced by the central banking system

the fed is deciding the difference between long term value and trading risk, instead of the market itself.

#13     Aug 10, 2007
  4. maxpi

maxpi

At least they divest themselves of some money in the markets before they go away.

#14     Aug 10, 2007
  5. exactly. i like to think of losing traders as forced liquidity providers

#15     Aug 10, 2007
  6. lol .. smugness drops both of your odds of being successful traders from 5% down to...

#16     Aug 10, 2007
  7. my smugness is in response to whiners who blame their bad trades on others, etc.

#17     Aug 10, 2007