CL Lim's Watchlist

Discussion in 'Journals' started by CL Lim, Sep 27, 2005.

1. CL Lim

CL Lim

By using a modified CANSLIM chart-reading approach, I'm sharing my personal watchlist that is a result of my screenings. They are in my radar of possibly purchasing during the week if need be. Some stocks shown I will not purchase since I currently either own them or lack of further funds, but I show them for your information only.

Watchlist for September 27, 2005

ATI (Last Close = 30.69),
    DCX (52.91),
    LFG (64.78),
    MLM (74.39).

2. money1974

money1974

Hi CL. I wish you all the best in your stock trading.

I used to read some William O'Neill books, but I kind of lost interest.

Does the CANSLIM system really work?

3. CL Lim

CL Lim

Watchlist for September 28, 2005

GSIC, NRG, PRAA, RECN and VMC.

4. CL Lim

CL Lim

Stock to Watch for Sep 29, 2005

SSNC (36.62)

5. A couple of questions:

1. How are you screening for these stocks? Which screener are you using?

2. What triggers your exit? When do stocks come off the list?

6. CL Lim

CL Lim

1. I am using MetaStock to screen these Canslim stocks; but this took me weeks to code, I am not a good programmer:(

2. To exit: the stock has clearly broken down (major price break) and topped (late-stage base failure).

7. SSNC looks like it is establishing a good base. However, it seems to be basing for quite an extended period of time given the recent volatility in the NQ, ES. Is that a consideration in that it is not really reacting to continue up while a big gap remains below?

8. CL Lim

CL Lim

Thanks!

From my experience, the CANSLIM system does able to capture some of the big winners but you need to very selective to choose trade and cut losses very quickly.

9. CL Lim

CL Lim

Stocks to Watch for Sep 30, 2005

BEIQ (35.00)
    TMX (20.52)

10. swcom

swcom

Additionally, they can move markets and place a special emphasis on following the mutual funds - where they are placing bets, which moves mountains sometimes. However, Lim is right. You gotta get out while the gettin' is good.

#10     Sep 29, 2005