CL Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, May 3, 2017.

1. themickey

themickey

I'm very very pleased traders believe and adhere to the (tried and untested) TA indicators of old.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    #61     May 8, 2017
  2. franT

franT

krude.jpg
    :wtf:

#62     May 8, 2017
    JSSPMK likes this.
  3. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

You do realise that you can't backtest MACD to gain definitive statistical conclusion, due to a variance factor in settings, stop sizes, targets, visual perception of a tradable and non-tradable pattern emerging, psychological factor (a biggie this one), etc.

You give a pattern to 100 traders and you'll have 100 different results.

In "Sully" there is a bit where the board accuses Sully of his misjudgement of situation and landing the aircraft on water instead of making it back to the airport, multiple tests in simulator with different pilots pointed to his error of judgment, but he steps in and challenges their results by stating that their model does not account for the 'human factor' when time will always be lost when a human brain (which reacts differently from person to person) takes time to scramble to come up with a solution when faced with an unknown event. Same is applicable in trading, as every next moment is unknown and you never know how exactly you will be dealing with an unknown event.

Another reaction to the unexpected.

#63     May 8, 2017
    beerntrading and donnap like this.
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

The key here in the short term will be a print of 46.87. I would like to see the action afterwards to determine whether or not top continue holding long. (Pricing is currently 46.62)

#64     May 8, 2017
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Stop raised to 44.79

#65     May 8, 2017
  6. speedo

speedo

Charts don't trade, traders trade...use what works for you and not what some one else thinks.

#66     May 8, 2017
    JSSPMK likes this.
  7. yiehom

yiehom

Am I reading this correct, initial stop of 3220 dollars per contract ?

#67     May 8, 2017
  8. algofy

algofy

?? Where in the world did you see that.

#68     May 8, 2017
  9. themickey

themickey

I'll be exiting my oil positions sometime today.
    The entry will be in my journal

#69     May 8, 2017
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

#70     May 8, 2017