CL Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, May 3, 2017.

1. cdrocks89

cdrocks89

What happens to CL Future Contract if I stay with it even after expiration in IB??
    Newbie here.. its my first post under Elitetrader forum.. Seems to be very helpful..

#441     Oct 27, 2017
  2. Overnight

Overnight

If IB is a firm that can facilitate physical delivery, they might accommodate you in your sudden need to either unload your 1,000 barrels of oil "short", or assume containment of your 1,000 barrels (long). You're in a world of hurt as a basic retail trader if you get caught in expiry. Pay mind to the FN and LTDs of your futures contracts, whether they be physical or financially settled. Bottom line here is...Do not go into expiration with a physically-deliverable commodity, unless you are well-heeled. But basically, the onus will be on you for the money and storage (or delivery) of the underlying.

#442     Oct 27, 2017
    tfp likes this.
  3. tfp

tfp

Afraid Overnight is correct - you will want to call your broker immediately...

#443     Oct 27, 2017
  4. cdrocks89

cdrocks89

Thank you guys for Reply, What is Rollover thing in future, isnt my future contract gets roll over to next coming month If I dont Exit position by expiration ..??

#444     Oct 29, 2017
  5. algofy

algofy

Ummmmm

#445     Oct 29, 2017
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Oil continuing higher as expected.--Izzy

#446     Nov 1, 2017
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Ja Baby! --has anyone been with me on this all the way?

#447     Nov 6, 2017
  8. donnap

donnap

Yep, I have been watching all the way. Nice going, OP.

I think that your premise of an uptrend has been justified.

No big deal, but there's no Nov./Dec. roll that I noticed.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    #448     Nov 6, 2017
  9. Overnight

Overnight

You may have not noticed a Nov/Dec roll (yet, it is still too early), but it seems some Saudi heads are going to roll. Beheadings in the near future! Yikes!

#449     Nov 6, 2017
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Lost interest in posting for a while, but rest assured, the roll continues. You are referring to Oct/Nov

#450     Nov 6, 2017